Slovak National Catholic Church
The Slovak National Catholic Church was a small American denomination affiliated with the Polish National Catholic Church.
The Right Reverend Eugene W. Magyar was consecrated on June 29, 1963 as first Bishop of Slovak parishes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He had served previously as dean of Slovak parishes in the PNCC since 1958.
Slovak National Catholic parishes included:
- The Most Holy Name of Jesus Slovak National Catholic Cathedral, Passaic, New Jersey
- Sts. Cyril and Methodius Slovak National Catholic Church, McKeesport, Pennsylvania (Merged with Holy Family PNCC in 2008)
- Sts. Cyril and Methodius Slovak National Catholic Church, Masontown, Pennsylvania (closed)
- St. Elizabeth Slovak National Catholic Church, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Holy Name Slovak Parish, North Braddock, PA
A similar denomination was the Lithuanian National Catholic Church, also affiliated with the PNCC.
- June Granatir Alexander, "The Laity in the Church: Slovaks and the Catholic Church in Pre-World War I Pittsburgh," in Church History, Vol. 53, No. 3 (Sep., 1984), pp. 363–378.
|This Slovakia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian denomination is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|