|Developer(s)||Inktomi and Yahoo!|
Yahoo! Slurp is a web crawler based on search engine technology Yahoo! acquired when it purchased Inktomi. Slurp was the web crawler for Yahoo! Search until Yahoo! contracted with Microsoft to use bingbot instead.
Two Slurp user agent identification strings:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp China; http://misc.yahoo.com.cn/help.html)
- Yahoo! Search Resources for Webmasters
- Yahoo! Slurp's official FAQ
- How can I reduce the number of requests you make on my web site?
- Yahoo! Site Explorer is a webmaster tool that lets you access the information Yahoo! has about a site's online presence. You can see which sites and subpages are indexed by Yahoo! Search, track sites that link into web pages, and view the most popular pages from any site. More...
- Yahoo! Search Blog
- Yahoo! Weather Report Blog Posts