Small Planet Institute
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (November 2014)|
Founding and Mission
Small Planet Institute is a nonprofit organization founded by Frances Moore Lappé and Anna Lappé in 2001. Its mission is "to help define, articulate, and further an historic transition: a worldwide shift from the dominant, failing notion of democracy as a set of fixed institutions toward democracy understood as a way of life, a culture in which the values of inclusion, fairness and mutual accountability infuse all dimensions of public life."  This mission is carried out mainly through public outreach using books, articles, speeches, and other media.
- EcoMind: Changing the Way We Think, to Create the World We Want, by Frances Moore Lappé (Nation Books, 2011)
- Getting a Grip 2: Clarity, Creativity, and Courage for the World We Really Want, by Frances Moore Lappé (Small Planet Media 2010)
- Diet for a Hot Planet, by Anna Lappé (New York: Bloomsbury, 2010)
- Getting a Grip: Clarity, Creativity and Courage in a World Gone Mad, by Frances Moore Lappé (Small Planet Media 2007)
- Grub: Ideas for an Urban Organic Kitchen, by Anna Lappé with Bryant Terry (Tarcher/Penguin 2006)
- Democracy’s Edge: Choosing to Save our Country by Bringing Democracy to Life, by Frances Moore Lappé (Jossey-Bass 2006)
- You Have the Power: Choosing Courage in a Culture of Fear, by Frances Moore Lappé with Jeff Perkins (Tarcher/Penguin 2003)
- Hope’s Edge: The Next Diet for a Small Planet, by Frances Moore Lappé and Anna Lappé (Tarcher/Penguin 2002)
- World Hunger: Twelve Myths, by Frances Moore Lappé with Joseph Collins, Peter Rosset and Luis Esparza (Grove Press, 1986. Updated and revised, 1999)
- Diet for a Small Planet, by Frances Moore Lappé (Ballantine Books 1971, 1975, 1982, 1991)
- Frances Moore Lappé, founding principal
- Anna Lappé, founding principal, Small Planet Fund, Project Director of Food Mythbusters
- Richard Rowe, publisher of Small Planet Media, Chief Executive Officer of the Open Learning Exchange, Inc.
- Anthony Lappé, media advisor and producer of web documentaries, Invisible Hand Media
Small Planet Fund
The Small Planet Fund was started in 2002 by Frances Moore Lappé and Anna Lappé. The mission of the fund is to support grassroots democracy movements worldwide which address the causes of hunger and poverty. The Fund is a project of RSF and is overseen by Anna Lappé.