||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2013)|
|Stable release||2012 / Oct 2011|
|Operating system||Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7|
SmartDraw is a visual processor used to create flowcharts, organization charts, mind maps, project charts, and other visuals. SmartDraw is built exclusively for Windows operating systems and works with Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000. Since version 7, it uses Microsoft’s Fluent User Interface in conjunction with automated panels specific to each type of diagram.
Free Demo is available, but it expires after seven days or five usages and it has a watermark on its outputs. There is a $100 discount coupon that is available with the demo. Also note that the purchased version needs additional license to export to PowerPoint
The following file extensions are specific to SmartDraw:
- .SDR – “SmartDraw Documents,” a binary file format used for saving SmartDraw documents.
- .SDT – “Smart/Draw Templates,” a binary file format used for saving SmartDraw reusable document templates.
- .SDL – “SmartDraw Libraries,” a binary file format used for saving symbol libraries in SmartDraw.
- .SCZ - "SmartDraw Collections," a binary file format used for saving SmartDraw collections.
- Diagramming software
- List of concept- and mind-mapping software
- List of UML tools
- Mind mapping
- Process management
- Technical drawing
- Visual communication
- "About: Graphics Software - SmartDraw 2010 Review". 2010-01-12.
- Lowe, Doug; Hoffman, Dan (June 2009). SmartDraw For Dummies. For Dummies. pp. 39–41. ISBN 0-470-39671-7.
- "Need Direction In Making Charts? Bevy Of Software Apps Can Help". 2010-02-03.
- Lowe, Doug; Hoffman, Dan (June 2009). SmartDraw For Dummies. For Dummies. pp. 233–237. ISBN 0-470-39671-7.
- "Web Worker Daily:SmartDraw 2010: An Easy-to-use Diagramming Tool". 2010-01-26.
- "On Computers: SmartDraw 2010". 2009-11-19.
- "PC WORLD - Review: SmartDraw 2013 Helps You Go With The Flow". 2013-01-16.