|Headquarters||White Bear Lake, Minnesota|
|Edward Rudis (President & CEO)|
Long-term baggage storage
Smarte Carte, Inc. is an American-based corporation that provides passenger and guest services such as self-serve vended luggage carts, electronic lockers, commercial strollers and massage chairs, and more.
Their products include supplying and maintaining luggage carts, rented with provisions for a small rebate on return of the cart at some airports. The company's products can be found globally at over one thousand transportation centers, shopping centers and entertainment venues worldwide.
- Smarte Carte is featured in the movie The Terminal with Tom Hanks. Hanks' character Viktor uses the change left in Smarte Carte machines to purchase food.
- Lisa Murray. "Smarte Carte's in the bad for Macquarie; Buys $370m luggage trolley company." The Sydney Morning Herald. 10 January 2006. p. 17.
- Martin J. Moylan. "Smarte Carte Adds Services." St. Paul Pioneer Press. 10 January 2006. p. C1.
- Laura Bly. "Trapped in an airport?". USA Today. 17 June 2004.
- Ina Paiva Cordle. "Luggage carts to cost MIA millions." The Miami Herald. 20 July 2007. p. C3.
- Lisa Murray. "Smarte Carte's in the bag for Macquarie - Buys $370m luggage trolley company." The Sydney Morning Herald. 10 January 2006. p. 17.
- "Smarte Carte emerges from bankruptcy." St. Paul Pioneer Press. 28 May 2005. p. C2.
- Martin J. Moylan. "Smarte Carte lockers reopen; shut down since 9/11." St. Paul Pioneer Press. 5 March 2003. p. C1.
- Paul McAfee. "Smarte Carte rolls over E-Z Roller, gains airport concessions." The Business Press/California. 6 November 1995. p. 10.
- Jim Jones. "Smarte Carte does its part in roundup at the supermart." Star Tribune: Newspaper of the Twin Cities. 15 April 1988. p. 1D.