Smash Court Tennis 3
|Smash Court Tennis 3|
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation Portable
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multi-Player|
Smash Court Tennis 3 is a tennis video game for the PlayStation Portable and Xbox 360 by Namco Bandai Games. The game features world class tennis players such as Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Justine Henin. The Xbox 360 version of the game featured updated graphics and new gameplay elements such as the ability to choose player emotions. The Xbox 360 version was delayed in all regions until between late August and early September 2008.
- Challenge the Best: Take on Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Justine Henin and other tennis stars. Each of the 16 licensed Pro-Tennis players in-game characters utilizes the unique playing style of the actual player!
- More Than Just Rallies: Seven exciting modes, including Arcade mode, Tutorial mode, Exhibition mode, Pro Tour mode, and unique mini-games including "Pac-Man Tennis", "Galaga Tennis" and "Bomb Tennis"!
- All New Pro Tour Mode: Acquire new skills, allocate experience points, train for important matches, and receive fan mail, all while on the hunt for the #1 spot on the tour.
- Choose how short your shorts really are: Become the player you always wanted to be with the ability to edit your player. Smash Court Tennis 3 features more than twice as many customizable parts as Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 and Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament, including sportswear, racquets, and more! Mental elements also play into how your character acts and looks, so stay focused and on your game! The game also features licensed apparel from makers such as Adidas.
- It's all about attitude: The Xbox 360 version allows you to choose your players reaction to bad line calls and stunning winners. There are up to eight different emotions to select from after certain points.
- New Skills and Shots: Acquire new skills like the ability to increase the speed of hits or the accuracy of serves. By clearing certain conditions in the game, you can acquire powerful new Super Shots like Spin Shot and Running Shot! There are over 50 shots and skills to unlock.
- Challenge Your Friends: With game sharing, players can go head-to-head with a friend in versus, play mini-games, and more, even with a single UMD. With more than one UMD, challenge your friends to ranked ad hoc matches. On Xbox 360 you can challenge friends in online singles and doubles matches, utilizing Xbox Live.
- Selectable Outfits.
- You can train in mini-games.
- You can make your own character.
- You can challenge line calls.
- Roger Federer - All-Rounder
- Rafael Nadal - Counter Puncher
- David Nalbandian - All-Rounder
- James Blake - Hard Hitter
- Tomáš Berdych - Big Server
- Gaël Monfils - Baseline Player
- Feliciano López - Serve and Volleyer
- Andreas Seppi - Baseline Player
- Amélie Mauresmo - All-Rounder
- Justine Henin - Powerful Backhand
- Maria Sharapova - Hard Hitter
- Nicole Vaidisova - Baseline Player
- Martina Hingis - All-Rounder
- Ana Ivanovic - Big Server
- Sania Mirza - Hard Hitter
- Michaëlla Krajicek - All-Rounder
- スマッシュコートテニス3 (in Japanese). Namco Bandai Games. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "Smash Court Tennis 3". IGN. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- "Smash Court Tennis 3 Xbox 360 amazon.co.jp game page" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- "Smash Court Tennis 3 Xbox 360 game page on Snackbar Games". Snackbar-Games.com. Retrieved 2008-08-07.