Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2
|Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2|
North American box art.
|Publisher(s)||Namco/Sony Computer Entertainment|
The game features many playable modes including Arcade mode and the in depth Pro Tour mode in which you create a player and try to become a tennis champion. Other modes include Exhibition, Challenge and Tutorial. There are a range of courts one can play on, including those at the Australian Open (the old Rebound Ace courts), Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 contains 16 real top tennis players. The players included in the game are:
- Andy Roddick - Power Serves
- Juan Carlos Ferrero - Strong Forehand
- Tim Henman - Serve And Volley
- Lleyton Hewitt - Baseliner
- James Blake - Hard Hitter
- Marat Safin - Hard Hitter
- Tommy Haas - All Around
- Richard Gasquet - All Around
- Justine Henin - Powerful Backhand
- Lindsay Davenport - Fast Strokes
- Kim Clijsters - Baseliner
- Anna Kournikova - All Court Player
- Serena Williams - Power Player
- Amélie Mauresmo - Hard Hitter
- Jennifer Capriati - Baseliner
- Daniela Hantuchová - All Around
- Cassandra Alexandra - Serve And Volley
- Ling Xiaoyu - Baseliner
- Heihachi Mishima - Power Player
- Raphael Sorel - Fast Strokes
- Australian Open - Melbourne - Hard
- Roland Garros (French Open) - Paris - Clay
- Wimbledon - London - Grass
- US Open - New York - Hard
Smash Pro GP
- Madrid (Madrid Masters) - Madrid, Spain - Clay
- Rome (Rome Masters) - Rome - Grass
- Hamburg - Hamburg - Clay
- Miami (Sony Ericsson Open) - Key Biscayne, Florida - Hard
- London - London - Hard
- Monte Carlo (Monte Carlo Masters) - Monte Carlo - Grass
- Paris (BNP Paribas Masters) - Paris - Hard
- Open de Barcelona - Barcelona - Clay
- Canada Rocky Outdoor - Vancouver - Hard
- Schwarzer World Klassich - Germany - Clay
- Central Continental Cup - Acapulco - Grass
- Fienzen Meister Cup - Vienna - Hard
- Tennis Japan Cup - Tokyo - Hard
- Royal Diamond Tennis Club - Netherlands - Grass
- La Plata - La Plata - Hard
- Indian Ocean Open - New Delhi - Clay
- Bronze Knights - Moscow - Grass
- Persia Bayside Open - Doha - Clay
- St. Milan Open - Milan - Hard
- South Atlantic Open - São Paulo - Hard
- The Alps Open - Geneva - Clay (Blue)
- Seven Hills Open - Lisbon - Grass
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 has received mix to positive reviews, with aggregate scores of 76.33% on GameRankings and 74 on Metacritic. Ryan Davis of GameSpot gave the game a 7.5/10, stating "PlayStation 2 owners should find plenty to like about Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2.". IGN's Ed Lewis gave it a solid 8.0/10, giving the closing comment of "Overall, it still isn't the best thing out there, but it's definitely a solid update and holds rather strongly by itself." One specific criticism of the game was that when entering the Davis-Cup styled 'World Tournament' as a player from a small nation, no realistic name generator was available for partners and other team members.
Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 was a best-selling game, going platinum. Another tennis video game was released by Namco exclusive to Europe called Roland Garros 2005. It used the same engine as this game.
- "Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 for PlayStation 2". GameRankings.
- "Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic.
- Ryan Davis (2004-06-09). "Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Ed Lewis (2004-06-09). "Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Official website (Japanese)