||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014)|
|Slogan||For Professional Web Designers and Developers|
|Owner||Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman|
|Created by||Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman|
|1,210 (October 2014[update])|
A first relaunch of the page took place in December 2007, implemented by E3 EDGE, followed by a second relaunch in November 2009 by WeFunction. The most recent responsive redesign in early 2012 was a joint effort of Elliot J. Stocks (layout & coding), Ben Bodien (coding), Ryan Taylor (coding) and the Smashing Team.
In December 2008 BurrellesLuce ranked Smashing Magazine number ten in their list of top blogs. As of August 2010, Smashing Magazine had an Alexa ranking of 606. By 2014, the Smashing Magazine has also assembled more than 791,000 Twitter followers worldwide.
Smashing Magazine published articles and tutorials on web design tips, tricks, techniques and web design tools, targeted at advanced and professional web designers and developers. The Magazine is also widely known for their monthly wallpaper series which has been established in March 2008. Every second month, Smashing Magazine also features useful templates, icons and free fonts, being contributed by members of the web design community.
Smashing eBooks and Smashing Library
On November 27th, 2012, Smashing Magazine started the subscription-based service Smashing Library, containing more than 150 eBooks and videos (as of April 2015) on web design.
Highlights of the magazine are collated every fortnight to form an email newsletter. The first edition, published on March 2, 2010 was distributed to 17,321. The biweekly newsletter features useful, innovative techniques, services and websites and has gained over 180,000 subscribers (June 2014). The articles are contributions of the whole team at Smashing Magazine.
- Walker, Esther (5 December 2007). "Top of the blogs". The Independent. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Smashingmagazine.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-10-18.
- Laube, Natalia. "El año que diseñamos" (in Spanish). Clarín.com. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Smashing, The (2012-01-12). "About Us". Smashingmagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "BurrellesLuce Issues Rankings of Top Media". Forbes.com LLC. December 11, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-11.[dead link]
- Newsletter, Smashing (2010-01-28). "The Smashing Newsletter". Smashing Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-19.