|Slogan||For Professional Web Designers and Developers|
|Owner||Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman|
|Created by||Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman|
|Alexa rank||1,160 (April 2014[update])|
A first relaunch of the page took place in December 2007, implemented by E3 EDGE, followed by a second relaunch in November 2009 by WeFunction. The most recent responsive redesign in early 2012 was a joint effort of Elliot J. Stocks (layout & coding) and Responsive Redesign launches, Ben Bodien (coding), Ryan Taylor (coding) and the Smashing Team.
In December 2008 BurrellesLuce ranked Smashing Magazine number ten in their list of top blogs. As of August 2010, Smashing Magazine had an Alexa ranking of 606. By 2014, the Smashing Magazine has also assembled more than 791,000 Twitter followers worldwide.
Smashing Magazine evaluates software, applications, and Web-based tools that are targeted at Web designers and developers, and publishes tutorials and how-tos on design and development. Smashing Magazine also offers free fonts, icons, and templates for download, as well as showcasing other things of importance to the Web development community, such as HTTP 404 error page designs.
The eBooks and the Smashing Library
Since November 2012 Smashing Magazine provides a subscription service called Smashing Library, which provides a growing number of Web design related eBooks published by Smashing Magazine. As with June 2014, the Smashing Library contains more than 70+ eBooks. The Library subscription is also available for companies and universities as a corporate or educational license.
Highlights of the magazine are collated every fortnight to form an email newsletter. The first edition, published on March 2, 2010 was distributed to 17,321. The biweekly newsletter features useful, innovative techniques, services and websites and has gained over 180,000 subscribers (June 2014). The articles are contributions of the whole team at Smashing Magazine.
- Walker, Esther (5 December 2007). "Top of the blogs". The Independent. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Smashingmagazine.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Laube, Natalia. "El año que diseñamos" (in Spanish). Clarín.com. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Smashing, The (2012-01-12). "About Us". Smashingmagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "BurrellesLuce Issues Rankings of Top Media". Forbes.com LLC. December 11, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-11.[dead link]
- Schick, Shane (August 29, 2007). "Visualization tools take data beyond the pie chart". CTVglobemedia Publishing Inc. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Rosencrance, Linda (July 28, 2008). "11 ways to save money online". ITworld. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Hoffman, Allan (May 30, 2008). "Newsletter an eyesore? Online artists can help". Minneapolis StarTribune. p. 2. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Hoffman, Allan (May 20, 2008). "Blogs offer life jackets to Web design-impaired". New Jersey On-Line LLC. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Anivers, Gentium, Fresco: Drei freie Fonts". Macwelt - IDG Magazine Media GmbH. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "The Best of 404 Pages". Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc. September 19, 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Newsletter, Smashing (2010-01-28). "The Smashing Newsletter". Smashing Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|