Smith Township, Whitley County, Indiana
Location in Whitley County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.3 sq mi (91 km2)|
|• Land||34.93 sq mi (90.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.37 sq mi (1.0 km2) 1.05%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||152.5/sq mi (58.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453853|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.3 square miles (91 km2), of which 34.93 square miles (90.5 km2) (or 98.95%) is land and 0.37 square miles (0.96 km2) (or 1.05%) is water. Lakes in this township include Blue Lake, Devil Lake, Devils Lake and Little Lake. The stream of Mud Run runs through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Green Township, Noble County (north)
- Swan Township, Noble County (northeast)
- Eel River Township, Allen County (east)
- Lake Township, Allen County (southeast)
- Union Township (south)
- Thorncreek Township (west)
- Noble Township, Noble County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Concord, Garrison and Jeffries.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.