Smithson Valley High School
|Smithson Valley High School|
|14001 Hwy 46 W
Spring Branch, Texas, 78070-7299
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Comal Independent School District|
|Principal||John Montelongo III|
|Assistant principals||Dean Hofer
|Enrollment||2071 (2013-2014)  (2012)|
|Color(s)||Red, White & Navy|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Smithson Valley High School website|
Smithson Valley High School is a public high school located near Spring Branch, Texas (USA) and classified as a 5A school by the UIL. It is part of the Comal Independent School District and is one of three high schools in the district. Smithson Valley High School is zoned for students who live primarily in the southwestern Comal County area, including the community of Bulverde. It was established in 1976 and was named after Benjamin Smithson, who was a member of the Texas Rangers.
In 2007, some students were sent to the new Canyon Lake High School. Before the split, Smithson Valley's student enrollment reached as high as 2,500 students. The enrollment for the 2010 school year is 2,062. 76% of students enrolled are caucasian, 20% Hispanic, and 3% African American. There is a student to teacher ratio of one to sixteen compared to the Texas average of one to twelve. 98% of enrolled students graduate. In 2013, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Smithson Valley Rangers compete in the following sports:
Cross Country, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Dance, Football, Basketball, Swimming, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
The school is part of District 25-5A. In football, Smithson Valley has traveled to the University Interscholastic League State 5A Championship Game two times and the State 4A Championship Game once, resulting in three losses. The current football coach, Larry Hill, has been head of all athletics since 1993. Smithson Valley also offers band, dance team, cheerleading, JROTC, FFA, National Forensic League, and language clubs along with several interest clubs.
- Softball 
- 2001(4A), 2009(5A), 2012(4A)
Both losses to Carroll High School
- Cory Clark- Former 7th round pick San Diego Chargers
- Joe Pawelek Former Seattle Seahawks, Practice Squad Jacksonville Jaguars
- Andrew Sendejo Current Minnesota Vikings
- Eryk Anders Cleveland Browns Practice Squad Current MMA Fighter
- Jason LaRue Former MLB Catcher played with Cincinnati Reds (1999–2006), Kansas City Royals (2007) and the St. Louis Cardinals (2008–2010)
- Comal ISD History
- http://www.texastribune.org/public-ed/explore/comal-isd/smithson-valley-high-school/ Texas Tribune]
- "2013 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- UIL Centennial Webpage
- UIL Centennial Webpage