From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Smithy or smithy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Smithy may refer to:
- Handyman, As in 'the town smithy'. A person skilled in many trades. Primarily ; wood working, metal work, electrical, plumbing, and general handywork around the home.
- Forge, also called a smithy, the workplace of a smith or a blacksmith
- Smith (metalwork), sometimes referred to as a smithy, a person involved in the shaping of metal objects
- Smithy (1924 film), a silent American film starring Stan Laurel
- Smithy (1946 film), an Australian film based on Sir Charles Kingsford Smith's flight across the Pacific Ocean
- Smithy (Mario), the main villain of the video game Super Mario RPG
Smithy is also a documented nickname for a number of notable people and fictional characters:
- Sir Charles Kingsford Smith (1897–1935), Australian pioneer aviator
- W. G. G. Duncan Smith (1914–1996), World War II flying ace
- Mike Smith (television presenter) (1955–2014), British television and radio presenter, racing driver, pilot and businessman
- Dale Smith (The Bill), a fictional character on the TV series The Bill
- Neil "Smithy" Smith, fictional character on the TV series Gavin & Stacey played by actor James Corden
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Smithy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.