From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A smoot is a jocular unit of measurement equal to 5 feet, 7 inches.
Smoot may also refer to:
- Abraham O. Smoot, a mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dan Smoot (1913– 2003), FBI agent and conservative political activist
- Fred Smoot, an American football player (Washington Redskins)
- George F. Smoot, an astrophysics scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (born 1945) and Nobel prize laureate in Physics, 2006
- Julianna Smoot, White House Social Secretary
- Oliver R. Smoot, former head of ISO and ANSI, for whom the unit was named
- Reed Smoot (U. S. Senator) (1862–1941), Senator from Utah, sponsor of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff and son of Abraham O. Smoot
- Reed Smoot (cinematographer), a United States cinematographer
- "Smoot", half of Canadian "horror clown" duo Mump and Smoot
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.