|Founded||Palo Alto, California, U.S. (2008 )|
|Founder(s)||Jeff Smith and Dr. Ge Wang|
|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Jeff Smith (CEO and co-founder)
Dr. Ge Wang (co-founder, CTO, and Chief Creative Officer)
|Products||"Sing!" "AutoRap", "Ocarina 2, "Glee Karaoke", I Am T-Pain, "Ocarina", "Magic Piano", "Magic Fiddle", Sonic Lighter, Zephyr, Leaf Trombone: World Stage|
Smule is an American mobile app developer with offices in Palo Alto, California and San Francisco, California. The company specializes in developing social music-making applications for iOS, Android (operating system), and Amazon.com Kindle Fire.
The company was founded in 2008 by Jeff Smith and Stanford assistant professor Dr. Ge Wang. Wang commented that the goal of the apps was to draw users in and "by the time they realize they’re making music, “it’s too late — they’re already having fun.”" In December 2011 Smule acquired fellow music app developer Khush.
- Magic Piano
- Magic Guitar
- Ocarina 2
- Glee Karaoke
- I Am T-Pain (Auto-Tune)
- Leaf Trombone: World Stage
- Magic Fiddle
- Sonic Vox
- Sonic Lighter
- Sonic Boom
- Sing Karaoke
- "Innovative iPhone Developer Smule Raises $3.9 Million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Smule's new iPhone app would like to teach the world to Sing". Guardian. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Music Startup Smule Promises To Get More Social, Starting With Its New Karaoke App Sing". TechCrunch. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Smule Acquires Khush To Further Boost Their Music Cred". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "'Sing!' Lets You Do Just That With Friends Around the World". Mashable. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Lang Lang Plays iPad at Concert". WSJ. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Auto-Tune iPhone app 'I Am T-Pain' on sale". Telegraph. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "So Many iPhone Apps, So Little Time". New York Times. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "New Singing App Creates Karaoke Party with Lady Antebellum". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|