Smyadovo Municipality within Bulgaria and Shumen Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Smyadovo|
|• Total||364.6 km2 (140.8 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Smyadovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Смядово) is a municipality (obshtina) in Shumen Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the vicinity of the northern slopes of the Eastern Stara planina mountain to the area of the so-called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Smyadovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 364.6 km² with a population of 7,402 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Smyadovo Municipality includes the following 10 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Byal Bryag||Бял бряг||260|
|Cherni Vrah||Черни връх||183|
|Novo Yankovo||Ново Янково||155|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)