Smyadovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Смядово) is a municipality (obshtina) in Shumen Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the vicinity of the northern slopes of the Eastern Stara planina mountain to the area of the so called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Smyadovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 364.6 km² with a population of 7,402 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Smyadovo Municipality within Shumen Province
Smyadovo Municipality includes the following 10 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
- ^ a b (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- ^ „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.