Snack Barz are a combination of crisped rice held together with marshmallow and reinforced with a coating of Hershey's milk chocolate.
Flavors and Varieties
In 2004, The Hershey Company released three flavors of Snack Barz: Hershey's Chocolate Creme, Reese's Peanut Butter, and Hershey's S'mores Marshmallow Creme. Later, the company began manufacturing and distributing two new flavors of Snack Barz in 2005: Caramel and Cookies 'n Creme.
Hershey's Snack Bars are manufactured, packaged, and sold by The Hershey Company. The Snack Barz are made of two layers of a crispy rice and marshmallow mixture. In between these two "rice and marshmallow bars", a "creamy" marshmallow layer is added in between the two pieces to help the layers stick together. The end product is dipped in Hershey's chocolate before it is packaged and boxed.
Hershey's Snack Bars are advertised as being a healthier candy bar (as compared with traditional candy) as well as having zero grams of trans fat and being a good source of calcium, iron, and "seven essential vitamins" (one bar has about fifteen percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance of them). For these reasons, when the product was first released The Hershey Company aimed much of their marketing at parents concerned about the health of their children.
- "Hershey enters snack arena". Professional Candy Buyer. 2004-09-01. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Snack Barz". The Hershey Company. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Snacks". The Hershey Company. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Reese's Snack Barz". 2005-12-05. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- Norton, James. "This Week's Tasting". CNET. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Reese's Snack Barz". Walgreens. Retrieved 2008-10-30.[dead link]