Snake and Mongoose
Snake and Mongoose is a film about Don ("the Snake") Prudhomme and Tom ("the Mongoose") McEwen, the greatest rivalry and friendship in drag racing history. These guys put the underground sport of drag racing on the map when they teamed up in 1969 with Mattel's then new Hot Wheels toy line. The partnership with Mattel also revolutionized sports marketing. It had a limited theatrical release in 20 cities between August 9, 2013 and November 4, 2013. Anchor Bay Films acquired the Home Entertainment rights and the film was released On Demand and Digital Download on March 4, 2014 and on DVD and Blu-ray on April 8, 2014.
The film tells the story of the rivalry between drag racing drivers Don "The Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen and their groundbreaking accomplishments in the world of drag racing. The film also focuses on how the two unlikely figures revolutionized entertainment sports marketing when they attracted Mattel’s Hot Wheels Division to sponsor them, according to a press release from the film producers.
- Noah Wyle as Arthur Spear
- Jesse Williams as Don "The Snake" Prudhomme
- Tim Blake Nelson as Mike McAllister
- Ashley Hinshaw as Lynn Prudhomme
- John Heard as Wally Parks
- Ian Ziering as Keith Black
- Richard Blake as Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen
- Kim Shaw as Judy McEwen
- Devin Brochu as Tommy (14-16)
- Mason Vale Cotton as Tommy (8-10)
- Maxwell Perry Cotton as Jamie (12-14)
- Joshua Leonard as Thomas Greer
- Whitney Moore as Sharon
- Sean Brosnan as Kenny Youngblood
- Leonardo Nam as Roland Leong
- Julie Mond as Wendy
- Snake and Mongoose
- Legendary Snake And Mongoose Dragsters Race To Scottsdale
- Fleming, Mike (May 11, 2012). "Tim Blake Nelson Joins Noah Wyle In Drag-Race Drama ‘Snake And Mongoose’". Deadline.com. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
|This article about a sports-related film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|