From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Snoek can mean;
|Look up snoek in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
People with the surname Snoek
- If looking for other meanings and uses beyond fish please go to Snook
Order Esociformes (pikes and mudminnows)
- Family Esocidae
Order Perciformes (Perch-like)
- Family Centropomidae (Snooks)
- Centropomus ensiferus
- Centropomus parallelus
- Centropomus undecimalis -- common snook
- Family Gempylidae (Snake Mackerels)
- Thyrsites atun—Native to the Southern Hemisphere and named snoek or Cape snoek in South Africa, Great Britain and the United States, while in Australia and New Zealand the name can be barracouta which is in no way related to barracuda.
- Thyrsitoides marleyi—Called Swart snoek and Black Snoek in South Africa; Black Snoek in U.S., Great Britain
- Family Scombridae (Mackerels, tunas, bonitos), subfamily: Scombrinae
- Family Sphyraenidae (Barracudas)
- Family Trichiuridae (Cutlassfishes), subfamily: Lepidopinae
Order Anguilliformes (eels and morays)
- Oxford English Dictionary, entries "snoek" and "snook")
|This page or section lists people with the surname Snoek. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Snoek.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.