|Key people||Dr. Christian Stredicke, Dr. Michael Knieling|
|Products||VoIP telephone handsets.|
snom technology AG // is a German company which manufactures Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephones, based on the IETF standard Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). snom's products are targeted at the small- to medium-sized business sector, home offices, Internet service providers, carriers, and original equipment manufacturers.
snom was founded in 1996 and is based in Berlin, Germany. In 1999, snom commenced production of VoIP telephones with the introduction of the snom 100 model. It was initially based on the H.323 protocol, but gained SIP support the following year. In 2000, the company saw the opportunity to make interoperable components for enterprise communication systems. Instead of selling one telephony platform solution, the company would sell VoIP phones that are compatible across standards-based platforms from different vendors. This became possible with the introduction of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
In 2001, snom started a joint venture in Bangalore, India. After some attempts to develop parts of the product in India, this office today focus on sales. In order to address American markets, snom opened an office in North Andover, Massachusetts in 2006. In 2008 snom Italy SRL was founded, in 2009 snom France SARL and in 2010 snom UK Ltd. Distributors network include companies in EMEA, CIS region, North America and Australia.
The company's executive team includes executive directors Markus Schmitt-Fumian, Dr. Michael Knieling and Usman Tahir. Members of the Supervisory Board include Stefan Friese, Dr. Christian Stredicke and Jack Meehan.
All of snom's software exists in the firmware of its phones, and VoIP telephones support all common standards, as well as the latest technologies for traversal of network address translators (NAT), telephone number mapping (ENUM), and virtual private networks (VPN).
All snom phones are compatible with SIP-based telephone systems and system components, including open source platforms such as Asterisk, SER, sipXecs, and IP-PBX systems offered by companies such as BroadSoft, Epygi (Quadro IP PBX), MetaSwitch, Pandora (Worksmart), ADTRAN (NetVanta UC Server), pbxnsip, Sylantro, and many more.
snom's phones include security features based on the two VoIP security standards sips (RFC 5246) and SRTP (RFC 3711). Some devices also support virtual private networking and wireless encryption (WEP/WPA).
snom UC edition
The snom UC edition combines the advantages of the open IP telephony standard SIP with the integration into Microsoft's Lync Server. snom phones were the first and only open-standard SIP phones with native Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 R2 integration.
||This section contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (May 2010)|
- TMC Labs 2003 Innovation Awards
- Internet Telephony 2006 Excellence Award
- Internet Telephony's 2006 Top 100 Voices in IP Communication- Dr. Christian Stredicke 
- Pulver 100, 2007
- snom recognized by the “Deloitte Technology Fast 50” as One of the Fastest Growing Technology Enterprises
- snom receives the 2007 Product of the Year Award from Communications Solutions for the snom m3
- snom gets Deloitte Award for strong sales growth
- snom receives TMC product of the year award 2008
- snom OCS edition receives Unified Communications Magazine's 2008 Product of the Year Award
- "snom's milestones". snom. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- "snom Italy SRL founded". snom. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "snom France SARL founded". snom. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "snom UK Ltd. founded". snom. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "snom management". snom. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "new CTO at snom". tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "Microsoft Lync IP Desk Phones". Microsoft TechCenter. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "Press Releases - snom 200 IP Phone receives TMC Labs Innovation Award". snom. 10 July 2003. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- "snom Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY(R) Magazine's 2006 Product of the Year Award.". Business Wire. 24 January 2007. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- "TMC's INTERNET TELEPHONY Magazine Names 'Top 100 Voices' of IP Communications Industry". Business Wire. 10 October 2006. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- "snom technology Named to the 2007 'Pulver 100'". Business Wire. 20 March 2007. Retrieved 2008-10-15.