|Developer(s)||Open source standard version, SmartBear Software Pro version|
|Stable release||4.6.4 / January 14, 2014|
|Type||SOA, Web Services|
|Website||soapUI, Sourceforge Project Site|
SoapUI is an open source web service testing application for service-oriented architectures (SOA). Its functionality covers web service inspection, invoking, development, simulation and mocking, functional testing, load and compliance testing. A commercial version, SoapUI Pro, which mainly focuses on features designed to enhance productivity, was also developed by eviware software. In 2011, SmartBear Software acquired eviware.
SoapUI was initially released to Sourceforge in September 2005. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. Since the initial release, SoapUI has been downloaded more than 2,000,000 times. It is built entirely on the Java platform and uses Swing for the user interface. This means that SoapUI is cross-platform. Today, SoapUI also supports IDEA, Eclipse and NetBeans. 
Core features include:
- Web services inspection
- Web services invoking
- Web services development
- Web services simulation and mocking
- Web services functional, load, compliance and security testing
SoapUI Pro is the commercial enterprise version. SoapUI Pro adds a number of productivity enhancements to the SoapUI core, which are designed to ease many recurring tasks when working with SoapUI.
|WSDL coverage||Analyze request/response messages to see how well a WSDL contract is being tested/mocked/used.|||
|WSDL refactoring||Automatically update requests/response/assertions when the underlying WSDL.|||
|Composite projects||Work together in a team on your Web service testing projects.|||
|Requirements management||Manage, import, and export project requirements and link them to test cases.|||
|Form-based request editor||To ease the editing and understanding of request messages for both technical and non-technical users.|||
|Overview message viewer||To get an overview of the corresponding response/mock-request/monitored message.|||
|Tree-based request/response editor||To ease the navigation and understanding of larger messages.|||
|Table inspector||To quickly give an overview of tabular message content.|
|Schema inspector||To ease inspection and debugging of message content.|
|XML inspector||To ease inspection and debugging of message content.|
|Doc inspector||To ease understanding of message content.|
|DataSource TestStep||To ease the creation of data-driven tests.|||
|DataSink TestStep||Eases collection of data to be used in subsequent tests or for external reporting.|||
|DataGen TestStep||To simplify comprehensive testing of complex interfaces.|||
|Property transfer wizards||To ease the creation of complex test cases / message flows.|||
|XPath Assertion Wizards||To ease the creation of XPath assertions for TestRequest and MockResponse steps.|||
|XPath Wizards||Eases creation of XPath expressions in many situations.|||
|Integrated reporting||To provide summaries of functional testing for tracking and governance.|||
|Groovy script library||Eases reuse and scripting of complex scenarios.|||
|Tabbed desktop||Eases desktop management with multiple editors.|
SoapUI has been given a number of awards. These include:
- ATI Automation Honors, 2009
- InfoWorld Best of Open Source Software Award, 2008
- SOAWorld Readers' Choice Award, 2007
- "soapUI download". soapUI. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "The Home of Functional Testing". soapUI. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- Ferguson Smart, John (April 2008). Java Power Tools. O'Reilly. pp. 547–566. ISBN 978-0-596-52793-8.
- "soapUI | Free Development software downloads at". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "Compare soapUI and soapUI Pro | About SoapUI". Soapui.org. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "ATI Automation Honors webcast". Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "InfoWorld Bossie, Best Web Service Test Tool". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "2007 SOA World Reader's Choice Awards". SOAWorld Magazine. Retrieved 2011-04-05.