|OS grid reference||NB063051|
|Gaelic name||Sòdhaigh Mòr|
|Area and summit|
|Area||45 ha (111 acres)|
|Highest elevation||37 m (121 ft)|
|Island group||Lewis and Harris|
|Local Authority||Na h-Eileanan Siar|
Soay Mòr (Scottish Gaelic: Sòdhaigh Mòr) is an island in West Loch Tarbert, between the northern and southern parts of Harris. The uninhabited island is separated from the southwest coast of North Harris by the Soay Sound. The adjacent Soay Beag is accessible on foot at low tide.
- Area and population ranks: there are c. 300 islands >20ha in extent and 93 permanently inhabited islands were listed in the 2011 census.
- 2001 UK Census per List of islands of Scotland
- Haswell-Smith, Hamish (2004). The Scottish Islands. Edinburgh: Canongate. ISBN 978-1-84195-454-7.
- Ordnance Survey. 1:50,000 (Map). http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/.
- "Overview for Soay Mòr". Gazetteer for Scotland. Retrieved 4 October 2008.
|This article about a location in the Western Isles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|