|Location||Thrissur City, India|
|Management||Sobha Developers Limited|
|Floor area||23 lakh square feet|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Sobha Developers Limited|
|Main contractor||Sobha Developers Ltd|
Sobha City is an integrated township in Thrissur City of Kerala state of India. It was launched on May 13, 2007 on the Thrissur-Guruvayoor highway. The township is built on a 55-acre (220,000 m2) area.
The land where Sobha City was situated earlier was a paddy field. Afterwards, Jos Alukka & Sons bought the land and reclaimed it for their new township. But it never materialized. So in 2007, Sobha Developers Limited bought the land and decided to build an integrated township called Sobha City. The group launched the township project in 2007 by investing Rs 850 crore and to be completed by May 2011. The first stage of the project was completed in 2012 in which Sobha Malachite, Sobha Lifestyle and Sobha Topaz were given to the customers. In the second stage, Sobha Sapphire, Sobha Jade and Sobha City Mall will be completed. The township project is the largest project by the Sobha Developers Limited till date.
The township is located in 55 acres of land in Puzhakkal, a suburb in Thrissur City. It is the first integrated township in Kerala state to build.It has crescent shaped man made lake covering 6.5-acre (26,000 m2) with a 10 kilo metres walkway around the lake. On one side, it is covered by an irrigation canal and on the other paddy fields. The township has 18 lakh sq ft of residential space and over five lakh sq ft of commercial space.
Villas and buildings
Sobha Malachite contains 25 super luxury Villas with an area of 11.7 cents each. The total are of the project is 2.89 acres.
Sobha Lifestyle contains 40 Super Luxury Villas in 4.582 acres with sylvan landscaping. It has 4BHK and 3BHK villas.
Sobha Topaz contains 216 super luxury apartments in 26 storeys. It is divided into three towers. The project has an area of 3.35 acres. It is tallest residential building in Thrissur City and Thrissur District and second tallest in Kerala State.
Sobha Sapphire contains 216 super luxury apartments in 26 storeys which are spread across three towers.
This is the first fully air conditioned mall in Thrissur City which will have 600,000 sq. feet of space for retailing, 7 screen multiplex, luxury business hotel, restaurants and food courts.
- M. A. Yousuf Ali, Managing Director of Lulu Hypermarket chains
- Joy Alukkas, Managing Director of Joyalukkas
- Boby Chemmanur, Chairman and Managing Director of Boby Chemmanur International
- "Sobha City attracting NRIs in big numbers". The Economic Times. 2008-08-31. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "Sobha City in Thrissur by 2011". Projectsmonitor. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "First integrated township launched at Thrissur". BusinessLine. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "First integrated township launched at Thrissur". Businessline. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Sobha City attracting NRIs in big numbers". Economic Times. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "GCC-based NRIs flock to Kerala real estate". arabianbusiness.com. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sobha City.|