Société des Amis des Universités de Paris
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2014)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
|Société des Amis des Universités de Paris (SAUP)|
The Société des Amis des Universités de Paris (SAUP – the Paris University’s Friends Society) is a public utility and non-profit association of private status regulated by the French law of 1901 on associations. It has been founded in 1899 for social and humanitarian purposes.
The SAUP has been presided by a number of prestigious chairmen: Jean-Casimir Perier and Raymond Poincaré (former French Presidents), René Cassin (Nobel peace prize-winner), members of the Institute, many famous scholars ...
It is currently presided by Chief Education Officer Jean-Louis Boursin, Professor at the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris, former president of Conference of Chief Education Officer. The two Vice Chairmen are Professor Jean Mesnard, member of the Institut, and Professor Jean-Robert Pitte, President of the Paris-Sorbonne University (Paris IV). According to its statutes, the first Vice-President of the SAUP is the Rector-Chancellor of the Paris University.
This association, intended to develop the French culture around the world, created in 1919 the Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne, a French as a foreign language school which provides French language and civilisation classes for foreigners.
Recently, the SAUP has created two other programs:
- Sorbonne dans la Ville, a series of lectures given by professors of Paris University for the general public.
- The FLE Français langue étrangère Collection, performed by the major academic publisher Belin, whose two first books were published in 2007.
The SAUP’s Administration Bureau and Board of Directors
Members of the Administration Bureau
- Jean-Louis Boursin, Chief Education Officer, Chairman of the SAUP, Professor at the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris.
- Jean-Robert Pitte, Vice Chairman, Vice-Chancellor of Paris-Sorbonne University.
- Jean Mesnard, Vice Chairman, Emeritus Professor at Paris-Sorbonne University, Member of the Institut.
- Jacques Mouha, Deputy Secretary General, Honorary Secretary General.
- Gilles d’Ambrieres, Vice Chairman, Company Director.
Members of the Board of Directors
- Jean-Pierre Bady, Director of the Ecole Nationale du Patrimoine (National School of Cultural Heritage).
- Chantal Colleu-Dumond, Cultural advisor at the French Embassy in Berlin.
- Robert Ellrodt, Honorary Chancellor of Sorbonne-Nouvelle University.
- Claude Goasguen, Former Minister.
- Marius-François Guyard, Honorary Chief Education Officer, Emeritus Professor at Paris-Sorbonne University.
- Guilhène Maratier-Declety, Director of International Relations at the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Arlette Michel, Former university department director at Paris-Sorbonne University.
- Robert Richard, Retired plenipotentiary minister.
- Salah Stetie, Former Ambassador.
- Christian Vulliez, Course Director at the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Société des amis des universités de Paris.|
- The SAUP’s Administration Bureau and Board of Directors (English)
- Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne official website (French) (English) (Spanish)
- Sorbonne dans la Ville (French)