Société des traversiers du Québec
The Société des traversiers du Québec (STQ) is a ferry company which has operated some intra-provincial ferry services in Quebec since 1971. It is a crown corporation owned by the Government of Quebec.
STQ operates the following services:
- Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola to Sorel-Tracy, crossing the St. Lawrence River with two boats, the N.M. Catherine-Legardeur and the N.M. Lucien-L.
- Lévis to Quebec City, crossing the St. Lawrence River with two twin boats, the N.M. Alphonse-Desjardins and the N.M. Lomer-Gouin.
- Tadoussac to Baie-Sainte-Catherine, crossing the Saguenay River with three boats, the N.M. Armand-Imbeau and the N.M. Jos-Deschênes all year long and the N.M. Félix-Antoine-Savard in the summer.
- Matane to Baie-Comeau and Godbout, crossing the St. Lawrence River with one boat, the N.M. Camille-Marcoux.
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive, crossing the St. Lawrence River with two boats, the N.M. Joseph-Savard and the N.M. Radisson.
The following services are operated in partnership with some other company:
- L'Isle-aux-Grues to Montmagny crossing the St. Lawrence River with one boat, the N.M. Grues-des-Îles
- Rivière-du-Loup to Saint-Siméon crossing the St. Lawrence River with one boat, the N.M. Trans-Saint-Laurent
- Île-d'Entrée to Cap-aux-Meules connecting two islands of the Magdalen Islands with one passenger-only boat, the S.P. Bonaventure.
On January 12, 2010, the corporation announced the signing of contracts for three new ferries. Concept Naval of Quebec City and STX Canada will design two ferries which will replace the existing ferries on the Tadoussac - Baie Sainte-Catherine route, the N.M. Armand-Imbeau and the N.M. Jos-Deschênes. These ferries are currently (Fall 2013) in the final stages of design, to be built at Chantier Davie Canada in Lévis, Quebec. The company Navtech Deltamarin (a joint venture of Navtech and Deltamarin Group), also of Quebec City, will produce the ferry which will replace the N.M. Camille Marcoux on the Matane – Baie-Comeau – Godbout route. This vessel is being constructed by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. Both projects will produce ferries powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- "Des pourparlers fructueux" (in French). Radio-Canada. April 23, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Traverse Chevery-Harrington Harbour - Début du service du N.M. Mécatina II" (in French). Société des traversiers du Québec. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010.