|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, USA|
|Key people||Doug Ring (Chairman)
Michael Idinopulos (GM)
Shampa Banerjee (VP Engineering)
Socialtext Incorporated is a company based in Palo Alto, California, that produces enterprise social software. Its integrated suite of web-based social software applications includes microblogging, user profile, directories, groups, personal dashboards using OpenSocial widgets, shared spreadsheet, wiki, and weblog collaboration tools, and mobile apps. It is run by Chairman Doug Ring and GM Michael Idinopulos.
Investors in Socialtext included Omidyar Network, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and SAP Ventures. On May 1, 2012, Socialtext was acquired by Bedford Funding, a $1.4 billion private equity firm that also owns Peoplefluent.
- Socialtext Signals - microblogging
- Socialtext People - user profiles and directories
- Socialtext Workspace - shared spreadsheets, wiki pages, and internal blogs
- Socialtext Groups - lightweight collections of collaborating people and workspaces
- Socialtext Dashboard - OpenSocial widget based personal dashboard
- Socialtext Activity Streams - integrated real-time activity reporting from all products
- Socialtext Mobile - browser-based interface tailored for mobile access
- Socialtext Desktop - full-function desktop client
- Socialtext Connect - complete ReST API for integration with other enterprise applications
- About The Company | Socialtext Enterprise Social Software
- Socialtext at CrunchBase
- Enterprise Applications & Services
- SAP - SAP Ventures: Investment Portfolio Companies
- "Makes Leadership Investment in Socialtext". Peoplefluent. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- Socialtext Website
- New Economy; Businesses are starting to toy with the wiki, an off-beat technology for fostering Web interaction Amy Cortese, New York Times, May 19, 2003
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|