Social Security Agency (Northern Ireland)
- Assess and pay social security benefits accurately and securely
- Give advice and information about these benefits
- Handle reviews and appeals
- Prevent and detect benefit fraud, prosecute offenders and recover any benefit which has been paid incorrectly
- Recover benefit which has been paid in compensation cases
- Assess people’s financial circumstances if they are applying for legal aid
The SSA's headquarters are located on the Stormont estate, close to Parliament Buildings. Their service extends to all of Northern Ireland, but also to 3 districts within London through back-office services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions.