From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Card games that involve multiple players
- Social network game, games that have social network integration or elements
- Board games, in which counters or pieces are placed, removed, or moved on a premarked surface according to a set of rules
- Multiplayer video games, where more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time
MMOs can be broken down into the sub categories of:
- MMORPG,such as Second Life and World of Warcraft,
- MMODC, such as Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2,
- MMORTS, such as Starcraft and Saga
- MMOFPS, such as Firefall and Heroes and Generals,
- MOBA, such as Dota 2 and Guardians of Middle Earth,
- MMOR, such as the crew,
- MMOCCG, such as Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone, and
- MMOMG, such as the Sims Online.
- LAN party, a temporary gathering of people establishing a local area network (LAN), primarily for the purpose of playing multiplayer computer games
- Role-playing games, a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting
- Live action role-playing games, a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions
- Miniature wargaming, a form of wargaming that incorporates miniature figures, miniature armor and modeled terrain
- Alternate reality games, an interactive narrative that offers a platform to explore possible situations and social interactions while avoiding real world consequences
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Social gaming.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.