Social media intelligence
The authors argued that social media is now an important part of intelligence and security work, but that technological, analytical and regulatory changes are needed before it can be considered a powerful new form of intelligence, including amendments to the United Kingdom Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- Norton-Taylor, Richard (24 April 2012). "Former spy chief calls for laws on online snooping". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Vinter, Phil (24 April 2012). "'We must be allowed to spy on Facebook and Twitter', says former Whitehall intelligence chief". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Omand, David; Bartlett, Jamie; Miller, Carl (2012). #Intelligence. London, England: Demos. ISBN 978-1-909037-08-3.
- "Warning over net surveillance move". The Sunday Sun. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Data mining
- Sentiment analysis
- Open-source intelligence
- Linkedin Group: Social Media Intelligence (SOCMINT)
- Paul Wright (2013-06-26). "Meet PRISM’s little brother: Socmint". WIRED UK.
- Expert SOCMINT Analyst: Mikel Rufián (Spain)
- Real Time SOCMINT Analysis: Fluxifi (UK/US)
|This United Kingdom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|