|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
|Origin||Blountstown, Florida, United States|
|Past members||Syrus Peters
The first major label album from Socialburn, "Where You Are" (on Elektra Records), was released in February 2003 and spawned two modern-rock radio hits: "Down" and "Everyone", which reached the top 10 and top 20 US charts respectively. The album has gone on to sell over 100,000 copies to date. The band's most recent album (entitled "The Beauty of Letting Go") was released in October 2005 on iRock Records, a subsidiary of Universal. Soon after releasing "The Beauty of Letting Go", Brandon Bittner left the band and Socialburn hired a good friend, Syrus Peters, as a touring drummer in order to help finish out the rest of the tour. Shortly thereafter, the band's record label iRock dissipated and Socialburn was left unrepresented as a result. Without a label, they finished up their tour at Floyd's Music Store in Tallahassee, FL, the place where they originally made a name for themselves. The band then parted ways with their touring drummer and decided to take some time off. They have yet to sign to a new record label and currently have no plans to record a new album. As of November 2007, Socialburn have officially called it quits. It is also announced that the former members were not getting involved in any other projects.
As of 2013, Neil Alday has a new band called "Neil Alday and Further South" who are currently working on releasing their debut EP.
- Neil Alday - vocals, guitar (2000–2007)
- Dusty Price - bass, vocals (2000–2007)
- Chris Cobb - guitar (2000–2007)
- Brandon Bittner - drums (2000–2005)
- Syrus Peters - drums (2005–2006)
- What A Beautiful Waste (self-released, 2000)
- World Outside (self-released, 2002)
- Where You Are (Elektra Records, 2003)
- The Beauty of Letting Go (iRock, 2005)
|U.S. Mainstream Rock||U.S. Modern Rock|
|2003||"Down"||9||17||Where You Are|
Notable Concert Performances
- Budlight's Downtown Live in Raleigh, North Carolina, August 5, 2006, as an opener for Candlebox.
- TK101's Company Christmas Party at Big Daddy's in Foley, Alabama, December 2002, with Emulsiphier and TRUSTcompany.
- Buzzfest in Nashville, Tennessee in September 2003 with Eve 6, Default, Cowboy Mouth, Mudvayne, Powerman 5000, Three Days Grace, and others.
- Sunfest in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida on May 4, 2006.
- TK101's "A Lot of Rock" concert at Seville Quarter in Pensacola, Florida on June 24, 2006 with Faktion, Soil, and 10 Years.