Socialist Party (Italy, 2007 – De Michelis)
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (June 2014)|
In June 2007 the Socialist Party – New PSI split among those who wanted to participate to the foundation of a joint "Socialist Party" along with the Italian Democratic Socialists of Enrico Boselli, The Italian Socialists of Bobo Craxi and the Association for the Rose in the Fist of Lanfranco Turci and those who wanted to maintain the allegiance to the House of Freedoms coalition. The first group was led by Gianni De Michelis, the latter by Stefano Caldoro.
From some time the NPSI had actually two leaderships, elected in two separate congresses: on 24 June Stefano Caldoro was elected secretary of the right-wing faction of the party, while on 7–8 July Mauro Del Bue was elected secretary and De Michelis president by those NPSI members who wanted to take part to the foundation of the Socialist Party, whose first meeting took place on 14 July. In practice, there were two parties with the same name.
After a consensual separation, the group of De Michelis changed name into "Socialist Party" (coherently with name of the future party). Subsequently, in October, the two MEPs elected with the NPSI in 2004, De Michelis and Alessandro Battilocchio, joined the Socialist Group in the European Parliament.
The PS–De Michelis participated in the "Socialist Party" list in the 2008 general election, along with the aforementioned social-democratic organisations and other groups, and took part to the founding congress of the Socialist Party (later renamed "Italian Socialist Party") in July 2008.
- Secretary: Mauro Del Bue
- President: Gianni De Michelis
- "Caldoro segretario del Nuovo Psi". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Socialisti: Del Bue, Piu' Impegno Nuovo Psi Verso Costituente". Adnkronos.com. 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "De Michelis: costituente socialista Caldoro: tu vuoi andare a sinistra". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- Redazione Tgcom (2008-09-25). "Tgcom - Nuovo Psi, De Michelis presidente". Tgcom24.mediaset.it. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- Gabriele Maestri, I simboli della discordia, Giuffrè, Milan 2012, pp. 119-120
- Gabriele Maestri, I simboli della discordia, Giuffrè, Milan 2012, pp. 120-121
- "Gianni DE MICHELIS". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Alessandro BATTILOCCHIO". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "La storia". Partitosocialista.it. Retrieved 2014-07-10.