Society for Cultural Anthropology
The Society for Cultural Anthropology (or SCA) is a professional organization for cultural anthropologists based in the United States. It was established in 1983, and is a major sub-section of the American Anthropological Association. The organization is currently led by Brad Weiss. Past presidents include Danilyn Rutherford, David M. Schneider, Annette Weiner, Brackette Williams, and Pauline Turner Strong.
Since 1986, it has published the quarterly journal Cultural Anthropology, which is currently edited by Anne Allison and Charles Piot. Cultural Anthropology is one of the top ten highest ranked journals in the field of anthropology  The journal will become the first published by the American Anthropological Association to become an Open Access publication. Associated with the journal are the official blog and podcast of the society, "Fieldsights" and "Anthropod".
- "About the Society," Society for Cultural Anthropology website. http://production.culanth.org/pages/about-the-society. Accessed 16/02/13
- Saxon, Wolfgang. "Annette Barbara Weiner, 64, Anthropologist and N.Y.U. Dean". New York Times. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Barth, Fredrik et al. (2010-03-17). One Discipline, Four Ways: British, German, French, and American Anthropology. University of Chicago Press. p. 330. ISBN 9780226038278.
- Marcus, George (1992). Rereading Cultural Anthropology. Duke University Press. pp. viii. ISBN 9780822312970.
- Thomson Reuters Science Watch. "TOP 20 JOURNALS IN ANTHROPOLOGY, 2001-2011, RANKED BY CITATION IMPACT". Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- Howard, Jennifer. "American Anthropological Assn. Will Experiment With Open Access". Retrieved 11 March 2013.