Society for Research into Higher Education
The Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) is an independent United Kingdom-based international society which aims to improve the quality of higher education. Its stated aims are to achieve its objectives by encouraging debate and publication of the policies, organisation, and management of higher education establishments.
The Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) works
- to enhance the role of Higher Education research
- to encourage and support new researchers in the field of Higher Education
- to provide opportunities for the publication of research and scholarship
- to organise conferences and seminars to convene researchers and policy makers.
It has individual and corporate members. It is managed by a Governing Council. It is a limited company and a registered charity.
SRHE has specialist groups concerned with Academic practice, Access and widening participation, Higher Education policy, Postgraduate issues, The student experience and others.
The SRHE publishes four journals:
- Higher Education Quarterly
- Issues in postgraduate education
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts
- Studies in Higher Education
- Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Annual Reports 1965 - 2008
- SRHE Mission statement 2008
- Official website
- Catalogue of the SRHE archives, held at the Modern Records Centre, University of Warwick
|This article about an education organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|