|Chip form factors||PGA|
This article is part of the CPU socket series
Socket FM2 is a CPU socket used by AMD's desktop Trinity and Richland APUs to connect to the motherboard as well as Athlon X2 and Athlon X4 processors based on them. FM2 was launched on the 27 September 2012. Motherboards which feature the new FM2 CPU socket also utilize AMD's new A85X chipset.
The socket is very similar to FM1, based on a 31×31 grid of pins with a 5×7 central void, 3 pins missing from each corner, and a few additional key pins missing. Compared to Socket FM1, two key pins were moved, and one more is removed, leaving 904 pins.
For available chipsets consult Fusion controller hubs (FCH).
|Llano||Trinity & Richland||Kabini & Temash
|Kaveri||Beema & Mullins
|Released||Jan 2011||Aug 2011||Oct 2012||May 2013||Jan 2014||Q2 2014||2015||2015|
|Fab (nm)||TSMC 40 nm||GB 32 nm SOI||28||28||28||TBA||TBA|
|Socket||Socket FT1||Socket FM1
|3D engine block||Cedar (VLIW5)||Northern Islands (VLIW4)||Sea Islands||Volcanic Islands||TBA||TBA|
|FYI||TeraScale||Graphics Core Next (Mantle)|
|Unified shader model|
|Unified Video Decoder||UVD 3||UVD 4||UVD 4.2||TBA||TBA|
|Video Codec Engine||N/A||VCE 1.0||VCE 2.0||TBA||TBA|
|Max. № of displays1||2||2–3||2–4||2||2–4||2–_||TBA||TBA|
|Linux DRM/KMS driver||Yes||WiP||N/A||N/A|
|Mesa 3D driver||Yes||WiP||N/A||N/A|
- 1 maximum of two non-DisplayPort monitors, and a maximum of second number of DisplayPort monitors, but maximum of six!
- van Miltenburg, Olaf (2012-09-27). "AMD introduceert Trinity-apu's voor de desktop". Tweakers.
- Hugosson, Jacob (2011-10-03). "AMD Piledriver 10% faster than Bulldozer". NordicHardware.
- Chris Angelini (September 26, 2012), "Socket Compatibility And The A85X FCH", Tom's Hardware: 6, retrieved 2012-12-10
- "A technical look at AMD’s Kaveri architecture". Semi Accurate. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Mullins and Beema do not support HSA nor TrueAudio".
- Airlie, David (2009-11-26). "DisplayPort supported by KMS driver mainlined into Linux kernel 2.6.33". Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Radeon feature matrix". freedesktop.org.
- btarunr (2011-07-25). "AMD's Next Gen. Korona High-End Desktop Platform to Fuse Processor with Northbridge". TechPowerUp.
- "APU依然当家 AMD明年各平台产品线曝光".
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|