|Chip form factors||PGA|
This article is part of the CPU socket series
Socket FM2+ (FM2r2) is a CPU socket used by AMD's desktop "Kaveri" APUs (Steamroller-based) and Carizzo APUs (Excavator-based) to connect to the motherboard. The FM2+ has a slightly different pin configuration to Socket FM2 with two additional pin sockets. Socket FM2+ APUs are not compatible with Socket FM2 motherboards due to the aforementioned additional pins. However, socket FM2 APUs such as "Richland" are compatible with FM2+ socket.
- ECC DIMMs are supported on Socket FP3 but not supported on the Socket FM2+ package. GDDR5 memory is not supported at all.
- There are 3 PCI Express cores: one 2 x16 core and two 5 x8 cores, for a total of 64 lanes. There are 8 configurable ports, which can be divided into 2 groups:
- Gfx-group: contains 2 x8 ports. Each port can be limited to lower link widths for applications that require fewer lanes. Additionally, the two ports can be combined to create a single x16 link.
- GPP-group: contains 1 x4 UMI and 5 General Purpose Ports (GPP).
For available chipsets consult Fusion controller hubs (FCH).
Its mobile counterpart is Socket FP3 (BGA-???).
|Llano||Trinity & Richland||Kabini & Temash
|Kaveri||Beema & Mullins
|Released||Jan 2011||Aug 2011||Oct 2012||May 2013||Jan 2014||Q2 2014||2015||2015|
|Fab (nm)||TSMC 40 nm||GlobalFoundries 32 nm SOI||28||28||28||TBA||TBA|
|Socket||Socket FT1||Socket FM1
|3D engine block||"Cedar" (VLIW5)||"Northern Islands" (VLIW4)||"Sea Islands"||"Volcanic Islands"||"Sea Islands"||TBA||TBA|
|FYI||TeraScale||Graphics Core Next (Mantle, HSA)|
|Unified shader model|
|Unified Video Decoder||UVD 3||UVD 4||UVD 4.2||TBA||TBA|
|Video Codec Engine||N/A||VCE 1.0||VCE 2.0||TBA||TBA|
|Max. № of displays1||2||2–3||2–4||2||2–4||2–_||TBA||TBA|
|Linux DRM/KMS driver||Yes||WiP||N/A||N/A|
|Mesa 3D driver||Yes||WiP||N/A||N/A|
- 1 maximum of two non-DisplayPort monitors, and a maximum of second number of DisplayPort monitors, but maximum of six!
- "AMD lässt Hinweise zur CPU-Generation Carizzo entschlüpfen" (in German).
- "49125_15h_Models_30h-3Fh_BKDG" (pdf). AMD.
- "A technical look at AMD’s Kaveri architecture". Semi Accurate. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Mullins and Beema do not support HSA nor TrueAudio".
- Airlie, David (2009-11-26). "DisplayPort supported by KMS driver mainlined into Linux kernel 2.6.33". Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Radeon feature matrix". freedesktop.org.