Socrates (pain assessment)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Socrates (Pain Assessment))
Meaning of the acronym
- Site - Where is the pain? Or the maximal site of the pain.
- Onset - When did the pain start, and was it sudden or gradual? Include also whether if it is progressive or regressive.
- Character - What is the pain like? An ache? Stabbing?
- Radiation - Does the pain radiate anywhere? (See also Radiation.)
- Associations - Any other signs or symptoms associated with the pain?
- Time course - Does the pain follow any pattern?
- Exacerbating/Relieving factors - Does anything change the pain?
- Severity - How bad is the pain?