Sopho Nizharadze in Oslo (2010)
|Birth name||Sophio Nizharadze
|Also known as||Sopho Nizharadze
|Born||6 February 1986|
|Genres||pop, soul, musical|
|Occupations||singer, actress, songwriter|
Sofia Nizharadze (Georgian: სოფო ნიჟარაძე, Sopho Nizharadze IPA: [sɔpʰɔ niʒarad͡zɛ]; born February 6, 1986 in Tbilisi, Georgian SSR, USSR) is a Georgian singer, actress and songwriter who represented Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 with the song Shine. Nizharadze was a jury member on the TV show "Georgia got talent"
Early life 
Nizharadze's grandmother, a Turkish native, met her husband in Georgia during vacation and stayed there, during the Soviet era when all non-Soviet foreigners were considered potential spies, causing her trouble to communicate with her family in Turkey.
Nizharadze was born in Tbilisi and started singing from an early age, something that was encouraged by her mother. She studied piano and vocals in the Tbilisi State Conservatory, graduated with honors, and later continued her studies at the theatre of Arts GITIS, Moscow. She also graduated with honors from the Gnessin State Musical College, Moscow. She has a younger brother.
Music career 
Sopho's vocal range is light lyric soprano.
At the age of three, Nizharadze started performing as a professional with very positive reception. At the age of seven she was invited by Jansug Kakhidze, a prominent Georgian conductor and author of famous sound tracks for Georgian cinema, to join a children’s music studio where she took the lead as a vocalist for various shows and TV projects.
When she reached 17 years old, Nizharadze had won several international young singer's contests, including the "Bravo, Bravissimo!" competition in Mini La Scala (Italy), "Crystal Note" (Moscow, Russia), "Crystal Fur-tree" (Borjomi, Georgia). She participated in several festivals in Russia, Turkey, Italy, Latvia and Georgia.
Later, she took the leading parts in the musicals “The Wedding Of The Jays” and ”Roméo et Juliette, de la Haine à l'Amour”. Living in Moscow at that moment she started gaining international recognition as a singer.
In 2004 she got a main part in Gerard Presgurvic's musical (Original Russian Version, Operetta Theatre, leading cast). In 2005, she reached the final in the New Wave Festival in Jūrmala, Latvia.
In 2008, Nizharadze gave up her career in Russia and returned to Georgia as a consequence of the war between the two countries, and started a career in Georgia.
Eurovision Song Contest 2010 
Nizharadze was internally chosen by GPB to represent Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. An open call for songs was launched, and over 100 entries submitted, the broadcasting authorities selected 6, that were all performed by her in a national final on February 27 in the Tbilisi Even Hall. Shine was voted as the winner.
2010: After Eurovision 
Nizharadze will plan her new album release, and new songs for it. She will also continue promoting her Eurovision entry in Georgia. Sofia actively participates in many concerts and shows in Europe and Asia. She sang duets with legendary José Carreras, Andrea Bocelli and Chris de Burgh. She was also the spokesperson announcing the Georgian votes during the Eurovision Song Contest 2011.
Awards and achievements 
- 1995- “Crystal fir tree”, the international festival nominated at the “Best Vocal” category;
- 1996- Special award – “The League”, the first Georgian festival; award owner at the festival Mini La Scalla;
- 1997- Participant of “Crystal note” International Festival in Moscow (850 anniversary of Moscow city);
- 1999- Diploma of the First category for the best vocal within the frame of the festival “Pushkin weeks”; Diploma of the Tbilisi Mayor’s Office for the “Unique vocal features”;
- 1998- 2001- Scholarship of President Eduard Shevardnadze;
- 2000- “Golden Star” for the best vocal granted by Forte Cinematographic Studio and Star Scale Studio;
- 2003- 2004 – leading part in the musical “The Wedding of the Jays” ;
- 2004- 2006- Leading part on “Romeo and Juliet” musical;
- 2005- Participant, a finalist of the young pop star contest “New Wave”;
- 2005- 2007- Takes leading parts in shows and production of RATIB; was invited for Esmeralda part to the Musical “Notre Dame de Paris”;
- 2010 performed a duo with Jose Carreras, extract from the West Side Story musical.
- 2010/11 performed with Andrea Bocelli on New Year's Eve concert.
- Musical Svadba Soek (Ketevan - main role)
- Musical Romeo & Juliette - Juliet (Original Russian Main Cast)
- Musical Hello, Dolly (RATI)
- Svadba Soek Original Cast Recording (2003)
- Musical Romeo & Juliette "Ot Nenavisti Do Lubvi" Original Cast Recording (2005)
- Where are you... (2008)
- "My Dream"
- "Every Moment"
- "Where Are You..."
- "Leave Me Alone"
- "I'm Running Away"
- "Over and Over"
- "Leave Me Alone (rmx)"
- "Over and Over (rmx)"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sopho Nizharadze|
- Official Facebook Page
- The Sofia Nizharadze official myspace
- Sofia Nizharadze official Eurovision.Tv page
- www.sofianizharadze.ru Russian/English site
|Awards and achievements|
with Peace Will Come
|Georgia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with One More Day