|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, Pocket PCs, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Qtopia|
|License||Proprietary (commercial or freeware/registerware)|
Some previously commercial versions of SoftMaker Office were later released as freeware (SoftMaker Office 2006 and SoftMaker Office 2008); however, these were superseded by SoftMaker FreeOffice.
SoftMaker Office includes:
- TextMaker, a word processor
- PlanMaker, a spreadsheet application
- SoftMaker Presentations, a presentation graphics application that is compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint
- BasicMaker, a Win32-only VBA-like programming tool
The package SoftMaker Office Professional includes additional
- an Email-client,
- a Duden spell checker,
- two Duden dictionaries,
- four Langenscheidt dictionaries.
SoftMaker Office has many functions of the correspondent programs from MS Office, OpenOffice.org or WordPerfect Office and also adds features such as its ability to run off USB flash drives and integrated reference works. It uses not only its own native formats, but it can read and write Microsoft Office file formats as well as OpenDocument format (word processor only), RTF and HTML. Export to PDF function is included. Multi-language spell-checking, hyphenation and thesaurus is supported; furthermore an integrated five-language translation dictionary (English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish).
- Andy Updegrove (5 July 2006). "The Emerging ODF Environment, Part IV: Spotlight on SoftMaker Office 2006". Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "Infos zu PlanMaker 97". 3 June 1997. Archived from the original on 3 June 1997. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Lindner, Mirko (15 November 2012). "SoftMaker Office 2012" (in German). Pro-Linux.de. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "SoftMaker Office 2008 now available for free". 22 May 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "SoftMaker Office 2006 for Windows". 2009. Archived from the original on 14 March 2009. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Register SoftMaker Office 2006 for Windows". Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- FreeOffice page at the SoftMaker web site.