|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Soft skills is a term often associated with a person's "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, managing people, leadership, etc. that characterize relationships with other people. Soft skills contrast to hard skills, which are generally easily quantifiable and measurable (e.g. software knowledge, basic plumbing skills).
A person's soft skill EQ is an important part of their individual contribution to the success of an organization. Particularly those organizations dealing with customers face-to-face are generally more successful, if they train their staff to use these skills. Screening or training for personal habits or traits such as dependability and conscientiousness can yield significant return on investment for an organization. For this reason, soft skills are increasingly sought out by employers in addition to standard qualifications.
- Career Opportunities News, 2002
- See George Paajanen, EI Reports, Technology Based Solutions/Personnel Decisions, Inc.(), 1992.
- Symmonds, A. etc. 2009. "Smart English through Success Secrets"[ISBN 978-81-909849-6-6] & other 'Smart English Series'
- The People Skills Revolution: A Step-by-Step Approach to Developing Sophisticated People Skills, Pamela Milne, Global Professional Publishing ISBN 978-1-906403-72-0
- Definition of Term
- List of 28 Soft Skills
- Career Opportunities News, Career Opportunities News, 2002
- Paajanen, George (1992), Employment Inventory Reports, Technology Based Solutions/Personnel Decisions, Inc.
- Giusti, Giuseppe (2008), Soft Skills for Lawyers, Chelsea Publishing (), ISBN 978-0-9558926-0-8
- U.S. Department of Labor - Employment & Training Administration
- Vishal Jain. "Importance of Soft skills development in education". Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- CP. "What soft skills do the Employer look for?". Retrieved 2013-04-14.
|Wikiversity has learning materials about Soft skills|