From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sohail)
Suhail (also spelled Sohail or Suheyl; Arabic: سهيل) is an Arabic term meaning plain, smooth, level, or easy-going. It is commonly used as a male given name and also refers to a number of stars typically seen near the southern horizon from Arabia.
- It is a shortened version of the traditional names of three stars in the obsolete constellation Argo Navis:
- The term has also been used for Canopus (α Carinae), the second brightest star in the night sky.
- Suhayl ibn Amr, A famous speaker in the beginning of Islamic history.
- Sohail Ahmed, Pakistani comedian
- Süheyl Batum, Turkish academic
- Sohail Butt, Pakistani cricketer
- Sohail Khan, Bollywood actor/director
- Suhail A. Khan, American activist
- Sohail Sen, Indian film composer
- Sohail Tanvir, Pakistani cricketer
- Suheyl Umar, Pakistani scholar
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|