|Birth name||Ahn So Hee|
|Also known as||Sohee (소희),|
|Born||June 27, 1992|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, Dance, R&B, electropop|
|Occupations||Singer, Actress, Model, MC, Dancer, Rapper, Presenter, Spokesmodel, TV Host, TV Presenter|
2007-2013 (Singer)2014 (Actress)–Present
|Associated acts||Wonder Girls, JYP Nation|
|Revised Romanization||An So Hui|
|McCune–Reischauer||An So Hui|
Ahn So Hee (Korean: 안소희; Chinese: 安昭熙; Japanese: アンソヒ), commonly known by her stage name Sohee, is a South Korean idol singer, actress, dancer, model and MC. She is a former member of the popular South Korean girl group Wonder Girls, which debuted under JYP Entertainment in 2007.
- 1 Early Life and Career
- 2 Actress
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Awards and nominations
- 6 TV commercials / advertisements
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Early Life and Career
Sohee was born on June 27, 1992. She was selected through auditions and at the age of 12, she became a JYP trainee. During her pre-debut, Sohee and other two members Yeeun and Sunmi performed a cover of Janet Jackson's "Together Again". In 2007, Sohee made her debut with the Wonder Girls, a girl group managed by JYP Entertainment after two years of training. The group debuted with the single "Irony", featuring Sohee as the lead dancer and vocalist of the group.
In an official JYP Entertainment announcement, it was revealed Sohee would not renew her contract with the company, thus ending her six-year membership as part of the Wonder Girls. Her contract with the company expired on December 21, 2013.
She is also an accomplished model, and has shown great interest in both acting and modeling outside of Wonder Girls. She has been featured in various fashion magazines, including Numero, Vogue Elle Girl COSMOPOLITAN CeCi Dazed & Confused Oh Boy! Marie Claire and W
In 2011, Sohee was chosen as one of the faces of Lancome’s newest cosmetic line, “Visionnaire.” She was complimented by Lancome staff, who noted that she was “naturally confident,” and used a “variety of stunning facial expressions,” as well as for the maturity she displayed while filming.
At the beginning of 2012, Sohee, along with DBSK member Yunho, 2PM member Nichkhun, f(x) member Sulli, actress Lee Min Jeong, actor Jang Hyuk, Park Joong-Hoon & Ahn Sung-ki, participated in the Good Download campaign.
Sohee appeared in a pictorial for the famous international make up brand "MAC". On the March 15, 2012, the brand released a couple of photos of Sohee modeling for their product. Sohee’s first look for MAC is “sexy and mature” with her hair loose and framing her signature flawless skin, thick and cat-like eyeliner, and chic, peachy-orange lipstick. Her second look flips her image to ‘innocent and cute’ with her hair tied up and pale pink cheeks and lips as the highlight. The staff for the photoshoot were in awe when she arrived on set with a clear and spotless bare face. Her make-up artists even revealed that she only needed a bare minimum amount of cover-up before shooting began.
In early 2008 she starred in her first movie Hellcats (also known as I Like It Hot) and most recently guest starred in the sitcom Here He Comes (also known as That Person is Coming). On June 25, Sohee was sidelined for a month after tearing a knee ligament in a fall from a running motorcycle during the filming of her movie Hellcats . The remaining four members continued performing until late July.
In 2012, Sohee with her fellow members acted in The Wonder Girls Movie. This was their first movie in U.S .
In 2013, Sohee acted in the KBS Drama Special "Happy! Rose Day."
|2008||Various Artist||Cry With Us|
|Various Artist||I Love Asia|
|2010||JYP Nation||This Christmas|
|2014||GOT7||Girls Girls Girls|
|2008||Hellcats||Kim Kang-ae||Kwon Chil-in|
|2010||The Last Godfather||Cameo||Shim Hyung-rae|
|2008||Here He Comes||Mal-hee (Cameo)||Kim Joon-hyeon, Kwon Seok, Lee Ji-seon||MBC|
|2012||The Wonder Girls||Herself||Ethan Lader||Teen Nick|
|2013||Happy Rose Day||Ah-reum||Kim Young-jo||KBS2|
|2007||MBC Show! Music Core||Co-Hosted along with Hyuna & Brian Joo||MBC|
|2007–2008||MBC Show! Music Core||Co-Hosted along with Sunye & Big Bang T.O.P||MBC|
|2010||KBS Happy Together||Episode 150 appearance with Wonder Girls, Yu Jae-suk, Park Myung-su, Shin Bong-sun, Park Mi-Sun||KBS|
|SBS Family Outing Season 2||1 Episode appearance with Wonder Girls, Kim Wonhee, Yoon Sang-hyun, Ji Sang-ryeol, Shin Bong-sun, Yoona, Taecyeon, Jo Kwon, Heechul, Jang Dongmin||SBS|
|MBC Come to Play||Guest with Wonder Girls and Super Junior member's Heechul, Leeteuk, Donghae, Shindong, Cho Kyuhyun||MBC|
|KBS Win Win||Episode 17 appearance with Wonder Girls, Jang Wooyoung, Kim Tae-yeon, Kim Shin Young, Choi Hwa Jung, Park Kyung-lim, Kim Seung-woo||KBS|
|2011||KBS Music Bank||Co-Hosted along with Sunye, Tim, Shindong, Yeeun, Minho & Yubin||KBS|
|MBC Radio Star||Guested along with Wonder Girls, Jo Kwon & Min||MBC|
|SBS Strong Heart||Guest with Wonder Girls, Lee Bon, Sahee||SBS|
|KBS Yoo Hee Yul Sketchbook||Guest with Wonder Girls||KBS|
|KBS Do Dream||KBS|
|KBS National Talk Show Hello||KBS|
|2012||Running Man||guested along with Siwon, Minho, Hyorin & Sulli||SBS|
|KBS Do Dream||KBS|
Music video appearances
|2008||Cry With Us||Various Artist||Herself|
|I Love Asia / Smile Again||Various Artist||Herself|
|2009||Without A Heart||8Eight||Herself|
|2010||Love Sick||San E||Herself|
|This Christmas||JYP Nation||Herself|
Awards and nominations
Wonder Girls' Awards and Nominations
Sohee's Awards and nominations
||Hot School Girl||Sohee||Won|
||Best New Actress||Hellcats||Nominated|
||Most Cute and Gorgeous Lady||Sohee||Nominated|
TV commercials / advertisements
- Crown Haim with Wonder Girls
- Baskin Robbins with Wonder Girls
- TBJ (The Best Jeans) with Wonder Girls and with 2AM
- Red Pen with Wonder Girls
- Pizza Bingo with Wonder Girls
- TAAN with Wonder Girls
- Keroro Fighterwith Wonder Girls
- IVYclub with Wonder Girls
- Free Style with Wonder Girls
- Vita 500 with Wonder Girls
- EVER Slim Panda phone with Wonder Girls
- MBC 1833 with Wonder Girls
- 1677 with Wonder Girls
- EXR with Wonder Girls
- Crown Bakery with Wonder Girls
- WG by Wonder Girls with Wonder Girls
- Peripera Wonder Line with Wonder Girls
- BBQ Chicken with Wonder Girls
- LG KTF Ever clamshell called Audition (EV-W530) with Wonder Girls
- Fitflops with Wonder Girls
- Cafe Mori with Wonder Girls and Thunder
- EVER Audition with Wonder Girls
- Sony Ericsson with Wonder Girls
- Kia Forte with Wonder Girls
- Love in Seoul City with Wonder Girls
- EXR Loves PUCCA with Wonder Girls
- MarshPuff with Wonder Girls
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Reebok GL 6000 with JJ Project
- Eight Seconds
- (Korean) "원더걸스, 첫 쇼케이스서 '열정의 신고식'". My Daily. 13 February 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- (English) Sohee becomes a rocker for VOGUE Girl. allkpop. March 19, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 화보 청바지에 흰티 입었을 뿐인데..몸매가 패션 살리네[포토엔]. Nate. March 19, 2012.
- (Korean) 원걸 소희 "깨끗한 피부 유지 비법은 가벼운 화장". Nate. June 20, 2012.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee reveals her secret to beautiful skin. allkpop. June 20, 2012.
- (Korean)원더걸스 소희, 데님화보 공개! '11자 각선미' 눈길. Nate. August 20, 2012.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee looks chic in denim for Cosmopolitan magazine. allkpop. August 20, 2012.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee graces the cover of ‘CeCi Magazine’. allkpop. February 21, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 풍선껌 물고 깜찍 표정 ‘최강 귀요미’[포토엔]. Newsen. February 21, 2012.
- (English) Sohee for Dazed and Confused. allkpop. July 20, 2010.
- (Korean) 소희, 화보 표지 장식…콘셉트는 '깨끗한 팜므 파탈'. Nate. July 24, 2012.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee receiving attention for latest pictorial in Oh! Boy. allkpop. January 30, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 화보, 뚱한 표정+미키마우스 머리띠 '그래도 섹시한 하의실종'. Nate. January 30, 2012.
- (English)Wonder Girls’ Sohee puts on her poker face for ‘W Korea’. allkpop. March 21, 2013.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee for Lancome’s ‘Vision of Beauty’. allkpop. August 11, 2011.
- (Korean) 원걸 소희, 흑발+도자기 피부 '신비한 매력'. NATE. August 11, 2011.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee displays her mature image for ‘MAC’. allkpop. March 14, 2012.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee models for Tommy Hilfiger’s new denim line. allkpop. February 14, 2012.
- (Korean) 소희 황금비율 우월한 뒤태 ‘관능미 입었다’ [포토엔]. NATE. February 15, 2012.
- "Sohee Joins BH Entertainment Alongside Lee Byung Hun, Go Soo, Han Ga In, and More". Mwave. February 10, 2014.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee & Sunye + Tim to emcee this week’s ‘Music Bank’. allkpop. November 17, 2011.
- (Korean) 원더걸스,'뮤뱅' 일일 MC 발탁.. "연말까지 임시체제". StarNews. November 17, 2011.
- (English) Wonder Girls’ Sohee talks about her childhood dream of wanting to be a singer + performances on Yoo Hee Yul’s Sketchbook. allkpop. November 25, 2011.
- (Korean)원걸 소희 "딸이 걸그룹 하고 싶다면 20대부터". Naver. November 25, 2011.
- (English) Siwon, Minho, Sohee, Sulli, and Hyorin spotted filming for ‘Running Man’. allkpop. December 13, 2011.
- (Korean) '런닝맨' 스포일러 떴다! 시원-소희-민호 '아이돌 대표 비주얼' 촬영중. Naver. December 13, 2011.
- (English) Siwon, Minho, Sohee, Sulli, and Hyorin to appear on ‘Running Man’. allkpop. December 30, 2011.
- (Korean) 한류아이돌 시원·민호·소희·설리·효린, '런닝맨' 출격. Nate. December 30, 2011.
- (English) 8Eight “Without a Heart” MV featuring Vampire Sohee. allkpop. March 10, 2009.
- (English) San-E reveals mystery male lead in new music video starring Sohee. allkpop. October 28, 2010.
- (English) Sohee transforms into a nurse for “Love Sick”. allkpop. October 31, 2010.
- 17th Buil Film Awards Nominations.
- (English) Media Awards 2011 nominees has just been released. Korean Entspy. September 28, 2011.
- (English) Wonder Girls look SO HOT for TBJ. allkpop. August 30, 2008.
- (English) Wonder Girls are Sweet Valentines. allkpop. February 5, 2009.
- (English) The Wonder Girls want to teach Beauty. allkpop. January 23, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls dance battle for EVER clamshell CF. allkpop. July 22, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls Endorse Fitflops. allkpop. June 24, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls and MBLAQ’s Thunder for Cafe Mori. allkpop. October 27, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls and MBLAQ’s Thunder Cafe Mori CF teaser. allkpop. November 4, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls sizzling dance battle for Ever Audition. allkpop. July 24, 2009.
- (English) Wonder Girls bring the dorkiness to EXR with Pucca look. allkpop. August 19, 2010.
- (English) Wonder Girls for ‘EXR Loves PUCCA’. allkpop. September 7, 2010.
- (English) Wonder Girls' Sohee becomes a vision of beauty for Lancome. allkpop. August 4, 2011.
- (Korean) '원더걸스'소희, "진실된 얼굴에서 아름다움이 나와요". NATE. August 4, 2011.
- (English) Sohee and JJ Project model for Reebok’s GL 6000 series. allkpop. November 20, 2012.