- For the 1973 film for which this band is named, see Soylent Green.
|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||Sludge metal, grindcore, death metal (early)|
|Labels||Dwell, Relapse, Metal Blade, Housecore Records|
|Associated acts||Christ Inversion, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Goatwhore, Outlaw Order|
|Past members||Glenn Rambo
Soilent Green was founded in 1988. Their début album wasn't released until 1995, when Pussysoul came out on Dwell Records. The following four albums were released by Relapse Records, until they signed with Metal Blade Records for their 2008 album, Inevitable Collapse in the Presence of Conviction.
The band have had their share of tribulations, even violence. On 26 April 2004, bassist Scott Williams was killed in an apparent murder/suicide by his roommate. Then, in September 2005, former singer Glenn Rambo was killed in Hurricane Katrina.
- Tommy Buckley – drums (1988–present)
- Brian Patton – guitar (1988–present)
- Ben Falgoust – vocals (1993–present)
- Scott Crochet – bass (2003–present)
- Glenn Rambo – vocals (1988–1992)
- Donovan Punch – guitar (1988–1999)
- Scott Williams – bass (1992–2002)
- Ben Stout – guitar (2000–2001)
- Tony White – guitar (2003–2005)
- Gregg Harney – guitar (2005–2007)
- Marcel Trenchard - bass (1988–1992)
|Date of release||Title||Label|
|1998||A String of Lies (EP)||Relapse Records|
|1998||Sewn Mouth Secrets||Relapse Records|
|2001||A Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down||Relapse Records|
|2008||Inevitable Collapse in the Presence of Conviction||Metal Blade Records|