Sokolniki Arena in May 2007.
Sokolniki Arena or Sokolniki Sports Palace is an indoor sporting arena located in Moscow, Russia. It is located in the Sokolniki District of the city, a fifteen-minute walk from Sokolniki metro station, right by Sokolniki Park. Initially it was an outdoor skating rink, roofed in 1973 during the preparations for the 1973 Summer Universiade. The capacity of the arena is 5,000. The Sokolniki Sports Palace was a venue of handball tournament for the 1980 Summer Olympics, including the final. It is the home arena of the HC Spartak Moscow ice hockey team.
There is a small practice rink located just to the east of the main arena.
Coordinates: 55°47′34″N 37°40′17″E / 55.79278°N 37.67139°E
- BSV 92 Field & Stadium, Olympic Stadium (final), Police Stadium
- Böblingen Sportshalle, Donauhalle Ulm, Hohenstaufenhalle Göppingen, Olympiahalle (final), Sporthalle Augsburg
- Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard, Montreal Forum (final), Pavillion de l'éducation physique et des sports de l'Université Laval
- Dynamo Palace of Sports, Sokolniki Sports Palace (final)
- Titan Gymnasium
- Suwon Gymnasium
- Palau D'Esports de Granollers, Palau Sant Jordi (final)
- Georgia Dome (men's final), Georgia World Congress Center
- The Dome and Exhibition Complex
- Faliro Sports Pavilion Arena, Hellinikon Indoor Arena (final)
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium (final), Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium
- Basketball Arena (medal round), Copper Box
- Olympic Training Center – Arena 4