|Genres||Drum and Bass, Electronica, heavy metal, hip hop, Industrial|
|Associated acts||Deftones, Sikth, Cypress Hill, Richie Londres Stephen Carpenter|
|Website||Sol Invicto on Facebook|
Sol Invicto is the underground group formed by Richie Londres & featuring Stephen Carpenter (Deftones) and Eric Bobo (Cypress Hill). The group take a low key approach to their work, sending tracks to fans directly via their private mailing list, the are signed to Londres' label Altered Beats.
Early years: Unidose, Carrion & Tech N9ne (2006–2009)
The project came together after Carpenter recorded guitars for Londres in 2006, the group released the tracks Unidose & Carrion in 2007 as well as bootleg remixes of Saul Williams & Tech N9ne tracks in 2008/09. The tracks were well received so it was decided to make the project official, Sol Invicto was formed and they began working on material.
Deftones Remixes & Initium I EP (2010-2011)
Sol Invicto began working on their first EP (Initium) in 2010 which was released on 6 August 2011 for free, direct to fans. The EP reached 5000 downloads in the first 10 days and went on to hit 15000 downloads in the first month, without any press/radio or videos. The EP featured Hella/Team Sleep drummer Zach Hill Londres called Initium "a low-fi and experimental EP" and mentioned that the follow up EPs would be "(sic) more metal"
Sol Invicto were commissioned to remix 2 tracks from the up and coming Deftones 2010 album, Diamond Eyes, the title track Diamond Eyes & You've Seen The Butcher, with 100% of the proceeds going towards bassist Chi Cheng and his treatment. In 2011 they released two remixes for the Asking Alexandria remix album Stepped up and Scratched.
Initium II EP (2013)
Initium II was released over September to October 2013 to the fans directly via soundcloud, it features drums by Dan Foord and a special track feature 50 audio samples submitted by fans. The Ep will be turned into a physical release before christmas alongside Initium I and the up and coming 3rd ep according to press. It features far more guitar work from Stephen compared to the first EP and retains the low fi approach of the first.
- Current members
- Richie Londres (Production/Keys)
- Stephen Carpenter (Guitar)
- Dan Foord (Drums Live)
- Eric Bobo (Percussion Live)
- Unidose Single (2008, Altered Beats)
- Carrion Single (2008 Altered Beats)
- Diamond Eyes (Official Remix) 2010 Warner
- You've Seen The Butcher (Official Remix) 2010 Warner
- "Morte Et Dabo" (Official Remix) 2011 Sumerian Records
- "A Lesson Never Learned" (Official Remix) 2011 Sumerian Records
- "Initium" (EP 2011 Altered Beats)
- "Initium II" (EP 2013 Altered Beats)
- "Sol Invicto". Facebook. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Sol Invicto on Facebook
- "Interview with Richie Londres –– Sol Invicto & the future" at Deftones.ru
- "Sol Invicto interviewed on Noise Creep about the new album"
- Deftones announce Sol Invicto Remixes
- Noise Creep Announce Remixes for Chi
- Metal Hammer Review - Initium