|Solanum melongena (Aubergine)|
Juss. ex Bercht. & J.Presl, 1820
The following families are included here in newer systems such as that of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (APG):
- Family Solanaceae (nightshade family; includes Nolanaceae as well as potatoes, eggplants, tomatoes, peppers, tobacco, and petunias.)
- Family Convolvulaceae (morning glory and sweet potato)
- Family Montiniaceae
- Family Sphenocleaceae
- Family Hydroleaceae
The APG II classification treats the Solanales in the group Euasterids I.
Under the older Cronquist system, the latter three families were placed elsewhere, and a number of others were included:
- Family Duckeodendraceae (now treated as a synonym of Solanaceae)
- Family Nolanaceae (now treated as a synonym of Solanaceae)
- Family Cuscutaceae (now treated as a synonym of Convolvulaceae)
- Family Retziaceae (now treated as a synonym of Stilbaceae, order Lamiales)
- Family Menyanthaceae (now placed in order Asterales)
- Family Polemoniaceae (now placed in order Ericales)
- Family Hydrophyllaceae (now treated as a synonym of Boraginaceae)
- Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (2009), "An update of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group classification for the orders and families of flowering plants: APG III", Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 161 (2): 105–121, doi:10.1111/j.1095-8339.2009.00996.x, retrieved 2010–12–10
- Reveal, James L. (2011). "Summary of recent systems of angiosperm classiﬁcation". Kew Bulletin (Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew) 66: 5–48.
- Reveal, James L. (1998–onward). "Indices Nominum Supragenericorum Plantarum Vascularium – S, Solanales". Indices Nominum Supragenericorum Plantarum Vascularium Alphabetical Listing by Genera of Validly Published Suprageneric Names. University of Maryland and Cornell University.
Media related to Solanales at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solanales.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Solanales|