Solar cell phone charger
Solar cell phone chargers use solar panels to charge cell phone batteries. They are an alternative to conventional electrical cell phone chargers and in some cases can be plugged into an electrical outlet.
There are also public solar chargers for mobile phones which can be installed permanently in public places such as streets, park and squares. The model which is according to European Commission proclaimed as the first in the world is the Strawberry Tree, public solar charger invented by Strawberry energy Company. This solar station won the first place at "EU Sustainable energy week (EUSEW) 2011" in the Consuming category.
Solar cell phone chargers come in different shapes and configurations including folding and rotating types.
They also come in the form of straps, with solar cells on the outer surface and a nickel metal hydride battery within. They are capable to charge a mobile device fully within six hours of exposure to the Sun resulting in 40 minutes of talk time.
Solar chargers are also available for other cell phone accessories, such as bluetooth headsets and speaker phones.
See also 
- Solar fan
- Solar notebook
- Solar powered calculator
- Solar powered flashlight
- Solar powered fountain
- Solar powered radio
- Solar street light
- Solar traffic light
- "Solar Cell Phone Battery Charger Reviews". 12voltsolarpanels.net. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Solar Cell Phone Chargers". go-green-solar-energy.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- Strawberry Tree: Exclusive Showcase in Brussels
- Sustainable energy week awards 2011
- Students invent first public solar-powered mobile charger
- "How Green Is Your Cell Phone?". sej.org. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Samsung launches E1107 Crest Solar cell phone". mobileburn.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Solar-powered cell phone chargers". reviews.cnet.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "World's First Solar Cell Phone Straps Go on Sale". japanfs.org. Retrieved 2011-06-29.