Soldiers of Fortune (TV series)
|Soldiers of Fortune|
|Theme music composer||Paul Dunlap|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Original run||January 10, 1955 – March 10, 1957|
Soldiers of Fortune is a 1955 syndicated half hour American television adventure series. It starred John Russell as Tim Kelly and Chick Chandler as his sidekick Toubo Smith who were international adventurers. Each episode would take place in a different country. Many of the film crew had worked at Republic Pictures studios with the show filmed on Republic's backlot then used by television's Revue Productions. The show was constantly rerun on American television into the 1960s.
The show was sponsored for two years by 7 Up soft drink. One year after Soldiers of Fortune was cancelled, John Russell went on to star as Marshal Dan Troup in the successful ABC/Warner Brothers western series Lawman.
Timeless Media Group (TMG) released a Region 1 five disc DVD set titled Soldiers of Fortune: The Complete Television Series on November 30, 2010. It includes all 29 episodes of Season 1 and all 23 episodes of Season 2.
- Frances Bavier
- Andy Clyde in "Hate at Forty Fathoms" (1955)
- Carol Thurston as Nari in "Massacre in Mokhara" (1956)
- Uncredited actors include Filipino Hollywood actor Rudy Robles acting on various roles. (1955-1956)
- "CTVA US Adventure - "Soldiers Of Fortune" (Revue/Syndicated)(1955-57) starring John Russell". Ctva.biz. 1977-09-03. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Billboard - Google Books". Books.google.com.au. 1956-02-11. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Soldiers of Fortune - The Complete Television Series 52 Episodes!: John Russell, Chick Chandler, Boyd Stockman, Red Morgan, Paul Baxley, John Doucette, X. Brands, Michael Ansara: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-11-01.