Solomon Hill (basketball)
|No. 44 – Indiana Pacers|
March 18, 1991 |
Los Angeles, California
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Fairfax (Los Angeles, California)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2013–2014||→Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Solomon Jamar Hill (born March 18, 1991) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball at the University of Arizona.
High school career
Hill attended Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, California. As a junior, he averaged 10.7 points and 8.7 rebounds per game. As a senior, he averaged 16.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game. He finished his career as a two-time Los Angeles All-City selection and a third team all-state pick in 2009.
In his freshman season at Arizona, he was a steady contributor for the Wildcats both starting and off the bench. In 31 games (21 starts), he averaged 6.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 25.3 minutes per game.
In his sophomore season, he was one of just three Wildcats to start every game. He was named to iBN Sports Las Vegas Invitational all-tournament team after averaging 11.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists in event’s four games. Head coach Sean Miller called Hill Arizona's most improved player in 2010–11. In 38 games (all starts), he averaged 8.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 25.2 minutes per game.
In his junior season, he was named to the All-Pac-12 first team, the NABC All-District 20 first team and the Pacific Life Pac-12 All-Tournament team. He was also named Arizona’s Most Outstanding Player by the coaching staff. In 35 games (all starts), he averaged 12.9 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 steals in 32.4 minutes per game.
In his senior season, he was named to the All-Pac-12 first team and the NABC All-District 20 first team for the second straight year. He was also a USBWA all-District IX first team honoree and the winner of the Sapphire Award, given to Arizona's male athlete of the year. In 35 games (all starts), he averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.1 steals in 33.0 minutes per game. In December 2012, he was awarded the MVP of the 2012 Diamond Head Classic after averaging 12.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists in the three games.
Indiana Pacers (2013–present)
On June 27, 2013, Hill was selected with the 23rd overall pick by the Indiana Pacers in the 2013 NBA draft. On July 3, 2013, he signed with the Pacers and joined them for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On December 29, 2013, he was assigned to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. On January 4, 2014, he was recalled by the Pacers.
In July 2014, Hill re-joined the Pacers for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On October 9, 2014, the Pacers picked up the 2015–16 option on Hill’s rookie scale contract. On November 8, 2014, he scored a career high 28 points in the 90-97 loss to the Washington Wizards.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Hill is the son of Solomon Crawford and LaVerne Hill.
- "#44 Solomon Hill". ArizonaWildcats.com. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Solomon Hill Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Solomon Hill To Pacers With No. 23 Pick In 2013 NBA Draft". HuffingtonPost.com. June 28, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Solomon Hill, Donald Sloan Signed". NBA.com. July 3, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Solomon Hill Assigned to D-League". NBA.com. December 29, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Solomon Hill Recalled from D-League". NBA.com. January 4, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Rookie/Free Agent Camp Update". NBA.com. July 3, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Pacers Pick Up Option on Solomon Hill's Contract". NBA.com. October 9, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "Wall, Nene lead Wizards over Pacers 97-90". NBA.com. November 8, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- NBADraft.net Profile