Solomon Jones (basketball)
Jones in 2009
|Position||Power forward / Center|
July 16, 1984 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school||Mount Dora (Mount Dora, Florida)|
|College||Daytona State (2002–2004)
South Florida (2004–2006)
|NBA draft||2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33rd overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2012||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2012||New Orleans Hornets|
|2013||Liaoning Flying Leopards (China)|
|2013||New York Knicks|
|2014||Erie BayHawks (D-League)|
|2014||Changsha Bank Guangdong (China 2nd|
Solomon Jones III (born July 16, 1984) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Dongguan Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association. He is 6'10" and weighs 235 lb, playing the power forward and center positions. He played his college basketball at Daytona State College for two seasons (2002–2004) and then at the University of South Florida for another two seasons (2004–2006). He was then selected by the Atlanta Hawks with the 33rd overall pick in the 2006 NBA draft.
As a rookie, he played in 58 games for the Atlanta Hawks. He averaged 3.3 points a game and 2.3 rebounds a game in 11.5 minutes. After three seasons with the Atlanta Hawks, he signed a two-year deal with the Indiana Pacers.
On January 3, 2012, he signed with the Los Angeles Clippers, but he was later waived on February 7. On February 15, 2012, he signed a 10-day contract with the New Orleans Hornets. On February 27, 2012, he signed a second 10-day contract with the Hornets. In September 2012, Jones signed with the Phoenix Suns. On October 24, 2012, Jones was waived by the Suns. In January 2013, he joined the Liaoning Flying Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association. On April 12, 2013, Jones signed with the New York Knicks. He was later waived by the Knicks on April 15, 2013.
On February 10, 2014, Jones was acquired by the Erie BayHawks of the NBA D-League. On May 8, 2014, he signed with Changsha Bank Guangdong (a.k.a. Dongguan Snowwolf) of the Chinese National Basketball League.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Indiana Pacers sign Solomon Jones
- "CLIPPERS SIGN FREE AGENT SOLOMON JONES". NBA.com. January 3, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "CLIPPERS WAIVE JONES". NBA.com. February 7, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "HORNETS SIGN SOLOMON JONES". NBA.com. February 15, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "HORNETS SIGN SOLOMON JONES". NBA.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Solomon Jones Player Profile – RealGM.com
- Knicks sign Solomon Jones for rest of season
- NY KnicksPR. Twitter. April 15, 2013.
- Knicks Waive Solomon Jones
- Magic Sign Osby, Four Others; Prepare for Camp
- "Magic Waive Solomon Jones". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. January 4, 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- BayHawks Add Nine-Year NBA Veteran
- Solomon Jones signs in China
- BULLS FINALIZE TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
- BULLS WAIVE ENGLISH, HANSBROUGH AND JONES