|Headquarters||Aïn Sebaâ, Morocco|
|Key people||Fabrice Delecroix
|Revenue||MAD 5.32 billion (2011) |
|Owner(s)||Renault Maroc (80%)
PSA (20%) 
SOMACA (Société Marocaine de Constructions Automobiles) is a Moroccan car manufacturer founded in 1959 and currently owned by the French company Renault.
The company was founded in 1959 in by Moroccan government with technical assistance from Fiat S.p.A. and its French subsidiary, Simca. Fiat ended its production in the end of 2003 and 26% of the company was sold to Renault. In 2005 Renault bought the majority stake (54%) of Somaca from Fiat S.p.A. now totalling 80% stake.
The factory has a covered area of 90,000 m². It has 1,200 employees and two production lines and assembles the Kangoo and the Kangoo Express (since 1999) for the local market, and the Dacia Logan (since 2005) for export to French and Spanish markets. Since 2009, SOMACA is also manufacturing the Sandero. That year it produced 41,236 vehicles.
Other Renault operations in Morocco
In February 2012 Carlos Ghosn and the King Mohammed VI opened a Renault-Nissan Alliance factory in Tangier. It covers 300 hectares, with a production capacity projected to 400,000 units per year. The new factory produces low-cost oriented cars.
The Renault sales in Morocco are in charge of a subsidiary called Renault Maroc.
- "Dans les coulisses de Somaca: Les secrets de fabrication industrielle" [Behind the scenes of Somaca: Secrets of industrial production] (in French). Leconomiste.com. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Somaca" (in French). Kerix.info. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "Les 1000 premières entreprises au Maroc par ordre de chiffre d'affaires 2011 - Entreprises dont la raison sociale commence par la lettre S - (Page 1/2)" (in French). Maroc1000.net. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "MOROCCO: SOMACA CAR MANUFACTURERS AGREE TO SELL SOME OF THEIR HOLDINGS IN MOROCCO TO RENAULT COMPANY.(Brief Article)". findarticles.com. Retrieved 2010-04-20.[dead link]
- "RENAULT IN MOROCCO". renault.com. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- "Somaca publisher=Somaca.e-monsite.com" (in French). Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Guerraoui, Saad (8 February 2012). "Renault to inaugurate giant Tangier plant". Middle-east-online.com. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Interactive World Map:Morocco". Renault. Retrieved 7 October 2012.