From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up somatic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Somatic may refer to:
- Somatic (biology), referring to the cells of the body in contrast to the germ line cells
- Somatic nervous system, the portion of the vertebrate nervous system which regulates voluntary movements of the body
- Somatics, a group of alternative medicine approaches, experiential movement disciplines, and dance techniques
- Somatic theory, a model of human social behavior
- Somatic marker hypothesis, an explanation of how emotions affect decision-making
- Somatic symptom disorder, aka Somatoform disorder, characterized by medically unexplained physical symptoms, and considered to be a mental health issue
- Somatopsychic, a medical term for the effects of the body on the mind
- Somatotype, the now-discredited idea associating body types with human temperament types
- Psychosomatic medicine, an interdisciplinary medical field exploring the relationships among social, psychological, and behavioral factors on bodily processes and quality of life in humans and animals
- All pages with titles containing "Somatic"
- Touch (disambiguation)
- Tactile (disambiguation)
- Haptic (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Somatic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.