|IATA: none – ICAO: LYSO
|Operator||Military of Serbia|
|Elevation AMSL||272 ft / 83 m|
Sombor Airport (ICAO: LYSO) (Serbian Latin: Aerodrom Sombor, Cyrillic: Аеродром Сомбор) is an airport in Serbia, located 7 km from the city of Sombor and 9 km from the town of Apatin between villages Kupusina and Prigrevica.
The airport is used as a military one, but there is an interest of foreign investors to be also used as a public one, mostly by tourists.
The Consortium of airport owners from Italy, led by the councillor in the Government of Italy, Adel Bertolini, spoke in Apatin with the management of that Municipality about the possibility of adaptation of the existing military airport in Sombor into a centre for cargo and passenger transportation.
On the suggestion of the Mayor of Municipality of Apatin, Živorad Smiljanić, it was agreed that the representatives of the Italian Consortium should send the letter of intent in which they should define the conditions for design of feasibility study and the name of the potential investor. The Ministry of Defence of Serbia must first give consent for turning military airport into a civilian one.
Also delegation of FlyBalaton Airport, which is owner of two airports in Hungary, is interested to turn Sombor Airport in civil one, in cooperation with biggest low cost airline Ryanair, because the Sombor Airport have better position than the Osijek Airport.
- Sombor Airport (not in use) hardly damaged due the NATO aggression in 1999
- List of airports in Serbia
- JP Aerodrom Sombor
- Sombor, Vršac, Ponikve is in the transport master plan of Serbia, funded by the European Agency for Reconstruction
- Deo aerodroma na prodaju
- Foreigners want to buy Sombor Airport
- Mađari žele somborski aerodrom - 03.04.2007, 15:29, Izvor: Beta, Sombor -- Mađarska kompanija "Flaj Balaton" zainteresovana je za somborski vojni aerodrom, izjavio je predsednik opštine Sombor
- Slavković je novinarima najavio dolazak delegacije firme "FlyBalaton" koja je pokazala veliko zanimanje za aktiviranje somborskog aerodroma. Ova firma je vlasnik dva aerodroma u Mađarskoj u saradnji sa najpoznatijom low cost company "Ryanair".
- Sombor Airport photo
- Sombor Airport map
- Sombor Airport information (PDF)